1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

barebones ajax cms script or help

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by dzdrazil, Jun 24, 2008.

I built a website for a student group that I'm in, and even have a form for dynamically adding news articles for the group, etc.

It occured to me that I don't want someone else to go through the work of learning html, css, php, phpmyadmin and some javascript just to keep the website up to date. since most of the people in the group are marginally computer-literate, I figured the best option would be to create a web-application (ajax style?) to manage the pages that I've already created.

The only problem is, i know very little javascript and have been thus far unsuccessful in getting a form to submit to php for processing without refreshing the page.

any pointers here?
    for example, i've got a page framework that makes the xmlhttp request and uses makerequest('_filename_', "_targetdiv_'); return:false on the links to the disparate html/php files.
    one such file is a form and php script that takes the input and text fields and writes them to a html file, which is used elsewhere to turn into news articles.
    i can either get it to not pass the info along and stay within the ajax page, or pass the info to the script and break out/refresh the page.
    is what i'm trying even possible?

dzdrazil, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  2. vodcoder

vodcoder Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if this helps you but there are some video tutorials on codervods.com. They also have about Ajax and other stuff you may find usefull.

vodcoder, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  3. artflutter

artflutter Member

Best Answers:
    Try using a framework like jQuery or mootools. They have their own functions for submitting with ajax that makes it alot easier, plus there is support on their forums.

artflutter, Jul 2, 2008 IP