1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Barack Obama Is The Democratic Nominee For President

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Zibblu, May 7, 2008.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yeah, caught that originally, but to tell you the truth, everywhere I have seen it repeated it comes off as states none the less...

Anything said enough can be warped.

You'll get no argument from me on that one.. But most VP's generally are.

Well the original video on youtube seems to show him doing this, but I remember reading somewhere that he claimed that there were two parts to the story, one on camera and one off, the off with the teacher originally either writing or instructing the kid to add the "e" and then the film version taken for publicity in which Ding Dong Dan decided to assume the teachers roll....

Of course this could have been his own back peddle...

Mia, May 16, 2008 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    damnittttt! I mis-typed.

I meant to write that he meant to say "stops" but in fact did say "states". :eek:

But my point is that I don't think it's newsworthy. It's kinda funny but hardly serious news.

I can't even imagine trying to do what these candidates are doing after keeping the schedules they have for so many months. I'm exhausted and cloudy the next day if I get fewer than 7 hours of sleep on a given night.

Crazy_Rob, May 16, 2008 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The mis-spelling of potato"E" was not news worthy, but its about the only thing anyone remembers of Quayle. He said a lot more dingy things... Then again, DQ was not running for Pres...

Agreed, and one of them is old as dirt (according to the media, has beens like letterman, etc..) and he still seems sharp as a whip.

Honestly the only reason it is at issue is because no one anywhere has bothered to take Obama to task on the issues. I think someone somewhere feels he needs to come down a few rungs.

I know if McCain said the same thing all we would hear for 3 weeks is how old he is, how near deaths door he is... And if Hillary said it, people would call her pompous and a control freak, or say that she really believes it is true.. I mean there really is 58 states, depending on how you define "IS".

Mia, May 16, 2008 IP
  4. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    McCain released a statement on Obama's gaffe stating that, "It is fortunate that Senator Obama's statement is incorrect, because if seven other states existed and were able to fly underneath so many's radar, Iran would surely be training Al Qaeda in them."

LogicFlux, May 16, 2008 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Funny spin...

Mia, May 16, 2008 IP