1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Barack Obama Is The Democratic Nominee For President

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Zibblu, May 7, 2008.

NY Times Story.

With last night's great performance by Obama in NC & Indiana - the MSM is finally stopping the charade that Clinton has any chance of becoming the Democratic nominee.

Obama won by a commanding 15% in NC yesterday & Clinton's 2% win in Indiana was so slim that it's likely due to Rush Limbaugh's "operation" rather than any real preference for her in the state.

This is what it comes down to: Obama has an insurmountable pledged delegate lead. And there's no longer any coherent argument that Clinton can make to the superdelegates to take his victory away from him.

George McGovern has been a long time Clinton supporter. He changed his endorsement from Clinton to Obama today. He's just one of a flood of superdelegates sure to be doing the same thing soon. It's over for Clinton.

Obama is the nominee.

It's time for the Democrats to unite for the ultimate goal: Beating John McCain and winning the White House.

Zibblu, May 7, 2008 IP
  2. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    The Clinton's only care about winning. They'll stop only when they think it will cause irreparable damage to their legacy and/or to their capacity to carry out future endeavors(Hillary's still has a career in the Senate, after all). I think it's getting close to that point, so I do expect them to drop out soon. We'll probably see a bunch of super delegates go Obama's way in the next few days and that will be the final death knell for her campaign.

LogicFlux, May 7, 2008 IP
  3. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, I can't figure out why Rush and other republicans would rather run against Hillary, she seems to me to be the stronger candidate in the general. The only thing I can figure out is that Rush knows how awesome another Clinton presidency would be for his career.

4. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    John McCain doesnt stand a chance in hell at beating Obama. Obama comes with little baggage other than what his pastor has said. Hillary on the other hand, would be easier for McCain to beat.

LinkSales, May 7, 2008 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't get sucked into the cheap power games. It's time unite to make America a better place for everyone.

guerilla, May 7, 2008 IP
  6. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Obama's pastor is enough to keep independents away. That was the big advantage that Obama had was he could get more independents than Hillary. But I don't see that happening now and the polls reflect it in a head on with McCain. It think Hillary has become the stronger candidate in the last month or two but I guess it's just too late.

7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. That was a good Joke. You know that blacks are only about 12% of U.S. population, don't you? :rolleyes:

gworld, May 7, 2008 IP
  8. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    All of the people who wouldn't vote for a black are already voting for John McCain. The GOP loves racism.

LinkSales, May 7, 2008 IP
  9. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    she is the last chicken hawk standing. they want her to win all the way.
    mccain is a real hawk so he will bring the draft back. the chicken in the chicken hawks doesn't like that at all and obama is no hawk.

pizzaman, May 7, 2008 IP
  10. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm. Ergo, only blacks vote for Obama. Got it. Nothing racist about that, or anything.

Course, there is the pesky little fact that in head to head, it has consistently been:

[​IMG]

Note: Anything from "even" to "ahead" means anything from "50% of the populace" to "more than 50% of the populace."

Note: "50%" is more than "12%."

Guess the non-blacks voting for the man are "wannabees".:D

northpointaiki, May 7, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  11. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    He sure is selling that image, but where are the votes to back it up? In terms of degree, OK maybe Obama is the least likely to invade Iran, but his comments about Pakistan, nation-building, and simply "managing Iraq better" indicate to me that he's on board with the U.S. centric foreign policy of pre-emptive action.

korr, May 7, 2008 IP
  12. KameronK

KameronK Active Member

Best Answers:
    That polling is interesting. I think once Clinton drops off, there will be even more of a lead for Obama.

KameronK, May 7, 2008 IP
  13. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL @ Fockz nooz +3 for McCain. Losers, not a chance in hell.

"Hey ya'll, what 'bout ma gas tax vaycashun?!"

[​IMG]

webwork, May 7, 2008 IP
  14. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    You wanna talk about bias, check out that CBS/NY Times poll! +11% Obama? haha

Ipsos gives Obama the next highest lead, and they are notoriously biased to the left as well. Seems like the real poll numbers are pointing to a very close race, but I think this is partially because McCain has had a good rally in the last month or two as no one is actively campaigning against him.

I think Obama will probably come out ahead once the spotlight is on John McCain.

korr, May 7, 2008 IP
  15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I think this is an accurate assessment. Several months ago, I would have predicted a trouncing on the GOP candidate. However, public memory is short, and this protracted Democratic struggle has drawn the heat. I predict a close general, with Obama taking the presidency by single digits.

northpointaiki, May 7, 2008 IP
  16. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently the whole thing was a charade just to keep the party split and fighting. Limbough has now come out and said that he wanted Obama all along because he is easier to beat: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/07/limbaugh-comes-out-for-obama/

myp, May 7, 2008 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree. I think it's very impressive that Obama is neck & neck in most polling (and up by 11% in the CBS/NY Times poll) against McCain when he hasn't got his "nomination bump" yet. When Clinton finally officially withdraws - I think Obama will see a real nice bump in the general numbers. Plus McCain has had to deal with absolutely NO negative media coverage in months as no one has been paying him any attention. That will eventually change... one would hope.

Another thing that people aren't mentioning enough is the absolutely HUGE turn out Democrats are getting. Sure Obama may not do quite as well as Clinton with working class whites but I really think he'll make up for it with the volume of turn out from new voters.

And you believe what Rush Limbaugh says? Obama is now the nominee - of course you are going to hear Republicans start saying "oh yeah, we wanted Obama all along.." Sure he did. Limbaugh is just upset that his operation chaos BS is done with. He now wants to pretend like he has influence. What's he going to act like he got Obama the nomination... now that he's "behind" him? Once he's already won? *shakes head* Does Limbaugh think he has some sort of influence of Democratic superdelegates? He's ridiculous.

Zibblu, May 7, 2008 IP
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If anyone believes that many Americans are not racist, he should get his head examined. It is your country, don't blame me for it.

Polls result are good for people who don't know how to think, I prefer to use my own judgment. One only need to look how Obama won many of states, through large percentage of black votes in democratic party. Remove the black votes and Obama would be in third place behind Clinton and Edwards. The question is how many Democrats will prefer to see McCain as president instead of a Black man, we already know the answer in regard to Republicans. In a general election when blacks are 12% of population, do you honestly believe that the participation of people will be so low that this 12% can change the result as in Democratic primaries? :rolleyes:

I think this is the reality but I hope I am wrong.

gworld, May 7, 2008 IP
  19. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    The lesser of two evils is still evil. Behind the scenes you still have the same puppeteer pulling the strings.

guru-seo, May 7, 2008 IP
  20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the Dems may (note: may) have learned something from 2004 and 2000. Or maybe MoveOn is just a front to misdirect activist energy into the abyss, and the GOP will steal another election...

I agree. The GOP was salivating at having Clinton on the ticket. It's a big rallying point for conservatives to oppose the bitchy, frigid side of Bill Clinton.

Unfortunately you're right. Let's hope Zibblu is right, and political pragmatism doesn't leave many Obama supporters looking foolish 1 year from now.

guerilla, May 7, 2008 IP