1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Barack Obama Is Running For President

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Kirby6, Jan 16, 2007.

1. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    They're a liberal organization. They don't have to make any sense. They just have to appeal to a wide audience. Even if that includes allowing something that is expressly forbidden.

KalvinB, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  2. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Obama recently stated that the war was not worth the 3000+ US soldiers that were killed.

I suppose, like every other liberal thinks, it's better for a 1000 faceless,nameless Iraqis to be buried in a mass grave than for the name of one American soldier who tried to stop the slaughter to be put on a tombstone.

There was also an official who claimed there wouldn't be a security problem in Iraq if it hadn't been for the US.

I guess mass murder of your population is not considered a security problem and therefore, it's not a problem we should bother ourselves with.

Update:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/02/13/obama_apologies_for_wasted_comment/

Obama just apologized for claiming their lives were wasted. It must have just been a freudian slip.

KalvinB, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  3. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Have to agree as well. Given the choices of today, this would be my ticket of preference. But that's tentative. I'll be taking a close look at all *really* learning about their plans, what they support, etc. Would prefer he *lighten up* on gay issues. I really think it's time our country moved on from there.

http://www.adl.org/interfaith/ucc_letter_2005_02_08.asp

GTech, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The more I learn about him, the less I like him.... I saw that in the news today also. sounds kerryesque if you ask me.

Hillary Rodham will have him for lunch if he doesn't watch it. I think it will happen anyways.

debunked, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  5. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:

yeah and now pushing a hundred thousand have died since we invaded, with no end in sight

when are you enlisting by the way, you sound like your of fighting age, and seem to believe in the war

ferret77, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  6. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do I have to enlist just because I support the war? Not everyone is capable of being a soldier. It's mentally and physically damaging which is why it's a volunteer force. Everyone is capable of supporting our troops by reminding them why they're there.

According to Iraq Body Count we're up to at most 61,000

They don't bother to indicate how many of those dead are terrorists and how many were killed by terrorists. And it's certainly a lot less than would be dead in the same amount of time had Saddam still been in power. And it would be a lot more innocent people that would have been killed.

So maybe instead of whining about how many have died you should consider how many have been saved. The left doesn't think like that though. They'd rather be morbid when they know how many die and ignore the injustice and mass slaughter when they can't see it happening.

KalvinB, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  7. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Hillary is disliked by the left because she won't say she made a mistake with her vote.

She doesn't want to be like Kerry. That makes the right have less against her but alienates her party that still can't figure out why Kerry lost.

So really, she's screwed either way. I think the next election is just going to be a bigger mish mash of losers. What the American public really wants is a hero. Someone who really stands out. Obama almost had it. But he pulled off the mask and showed his true colors.

We need someone tough and smart. Bush is tough but he's not smart enough. The left is overrun by cowards. I'm looking for someone with the strength of Bush to go against popular opinion to do what is right but with the brains to do the job right.

KalvinB, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  8. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Because ferret needs someone to punk his freedoms off of and isn't man enough to stand up (ever) for the country he ceaselessly and persistently attacks, day in and day out. He's a taker, not a giver. In more ways than one ;)

He forgets that one doesn't have to serve their country in the military to care about it.

GTech, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. Clinton vacillated on everything because he (a) was bright as hell (except when it came to his libido) and (b) had no center; I believe his wife is equally merely a political animal. I applauded George Bush's initial response to this, but quickly turned when it appeared to me he had mistaken gut conviction for effectiveness and rightness of action. I've said it before - but we need someone with both, as you say.

northpointaiki, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  10. david.amherst

david.amherst Guest

Best Answers:
    I would love for that ticket :) Any of our Democratic candidates on any ticket could take those 2.

You talk about flip-flopping in Obama's situation, yet you support Romney? :confused: :confused: :confused: Talk about hypocrisy!

david.amherst, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  11. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He is very kerryesque buddy, as in "he's got no chance of being the next President" LOL! :D

AGS, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  12. math20

math20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Since we are starting to talk about potential republican presidents, Ron Paul FTW!

math20, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Which is actually an improvement over the number that Saddam was killing and torturing daily. Good news always seems to piss you off for some reason.

Mia, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  14. bigdoug

bigdoug Peon

Best Answers:
    All Abama's job till 2008 is, is to be the piñata for the media distraction. He will stumble with words, bumble easy issues, pretend to hide things so that at the very end of his campaign he will sit by his boss and say “I support her for president.” Then she will pat him on the back and say good job, great race…Blah Blah Blah Bsssssssssss and the Liberal crowd will roar with praise.

It makes me sick to see how they manipulate the minds of Americans, like they are making a choice?

bigdoug, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  15. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    100,000 huh? Last time I think you said 1 million....can we have your source please? Since your numbers never add up...

d16man, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Doug, I think you have something here. Great angle. This makes perfect sense. Only thing I would change about the "boss" comment is:

“I's supports har for da presidents. You go girl.. You's the man, Hil-a-ee". :rolleyes:

Mia, Feb 14, 2007 IP