1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[BANS vs PHPBayPro vs PopShops] cj & ebay affiliate - The Answers for you

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by dubayou, Feb 17, 2008.

I have spent a lot of time over that last months reading posts about all these different tools to make money with affiliate sales. They all claim to be the best, and in fact they all are. But each has it ups and down. Money can be made using any or all of them, but the speed and quantity of your profit can vary on many factors. I almost quit when I didn't make money at first, but I keep at it. And now i have a handful of profitable sites. Since i have taken so much from digital point i figured I would give this back in return. Knowledge is key.

BANS ( http://www.buildanichestore.com/ )
    By far Bans is the easiest and quickest way to make a site that can profit from ebay Affiliations and Commission Junction. But just because the site is built in under an hour (Yes i build my sites in under an hour) you will not make money that quick. It took two weeks for my first bans site {http://www.orderbathingape.com/ Sale!} to make money. But this month alone it has made over $200 in sales and new accounts from ebay.
    If you want to make a QUICK site that looks good, has SEO'd urls, and functions perfectly, with little coding knowledge use bans.

PHPBayPro ( http://www.wiredstudios.com/ )
    I love PHPBayPro because I love Wordpress, and anything thats built on wordpress. And PHPBayPro is a great solution of you are going to be "working" on your site, any buy working i mean once you setup your site you build it up with content and traffic. If you want an online niche site that you will put more than an hour of work into, and base it off Wordpress (i must say it again, i love wordpress) use this.
    Setup is as easy as any other plugin for wordpress.

PopShops ( http://www.popshops.com/ )
    PopShops is great also, but I don't use it as much. Its great if you have a site already built and you want to integrate ebay ads in, its easy. When I buy sites in the Market Place that I think could do good selling a niche in ebay I use PopShops. They do have scrips to run complete stores on your server but It seams to work more as an addition to a site, than a site.
    Has a beautiful web interface and works with so many great affiliate programs. Worth it too.

Some Truths about making money with CJ and Ebay
    Its not that quick. You may get a site and brand up in a day or two, but "people" need to be going to your site interested in your niche to make any money. And these people need to be interested in what your selling, not people told to click on your links. Don't buy direct traffic, its shit, traffic is shit if they aren't going to buy anything. Do advertise your site with the proper keywords and search terms that are related to your niche.
    Also dont quite even if you have no income in over a month. It took a long time to understand all the factors that go into these sites. And I didn't have this article to read when I started, but I like helping.

And DP can be better than Business School but you need to learn how to use it properly ( http://forums.digitalpoint.com/search.php )

Please if you have any questions regarding any of these topics. Don't be afraid to ask!

[Shameless Plugs Here]
    If you plan on purchasing any of these, and find this useful it would be helpful if you used these urls.
    Bans http://tinyurl.com/33wqxr
    PHPBayPro http://tinyurl.com/2rq5p6

Also anyone interested in buying an online store that makes money with cj and ebay im selling my site here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=6599713

dubayou, Feb 17, 2008 IP
    humanedited likes this.
  2. depotgang

depotgang Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post. One thing I have to agree with 100% is that Cj is not a QUICK path to millions, but it is a real business opportunity not something that is going to fail because there was no real hope at all. I have been doing this since 2002 and only in the last two years has my income skyrocketed! I used to use my own tool now I use these.

Thanks for the honest approach. Good luck. I hope you get a few sales from this post :D

depotgang, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  3. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a good post and some good info. but no matter how hard I search I cannot find ebay listed as a merchant within popshops. am I missing something??

mcjp6, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  4. dubayou

dubayou Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not. But CJ is and if your trying to create a shop with products instead of auctions PopShops is great.

dubayou, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  5. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the informative post. Which of these is the easiest to customize? For instance if I want to have a featured listing that's automatically generated on the home page or want to modify the layout, which one is easiest to deal with?

seowarrior, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  6. dubayou

dubayou Peon

Best Answers:
    I would use a combination of 2. Depending on how you want the rest of the site to function work. I would use either Bans or PHPBayPro for the shop part and for featured products try using PopShop.

dubayou, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  7. humanedited

humanedited Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post. I just started with PHPBay for wordpress a few weeks ago and started to turn a profit within a week. I didn't know about PopShops until your post so I checked out their site. It's definitely something I'm going to look into trying out.

humanedited, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  8. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think BANS is awesome software!! But none of them will get you rich over night...

P.S. You might not want to post affiliate links ;)

BlueDevilMedia, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  9. dubayou

dubayou Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not. Thats the spirit of this game. :)

dubayou, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  10. dubayou

dubayou Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not. Thats the spirit of this game. :)

dubayou, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  11. lavista4u

lavista4u Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...Just a quick question..

if i buy bans for 97 one licence...will i be able to create multiple niche sites with different domain names...for example...if i want to set up one site bargainshoes.com & bargainshirts.com or may be three or four sites like these..will i have to buy 2 licenses or just one time purchse of 97 dollar will do.

Thanks,

lavista4u, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  12. depotgang

depotgang Peon

Best Answers:
    ebay is not listed with PopShops they are with Commission Junction. You cannot make a popshop with ebay. You use BANS to do a eBay site and then add in relevant content with Popshops.

Not every vendor at CJ, linkshare etc are available through a Popshop. Check out popshops list of vendors at their site.

Good luck

depotgang, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  13. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a one time buy for $97 and you have an unlimited licence. you can set up 600 stores if you wish, all you have to worry about is hosting and domains/sub domains.

mcjp6, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  14. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    If you don't want so spend any $$ and you are able to do a bit of PHP coding, check our a step-by-step guide that I have listed in my signature.

a389951l, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  15. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's against DP TOS ;)

BlueDevilMedia, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  16. dubayou

dubayou Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not like a blantly put them in the post. there all nice and neat at the bottom of the post

dubayou, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  17. lavista4u

lavista4u Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the info.

lavista4u, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  18. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    lavista4u:

be sure to become an eBay affiliate before you buy BANS.

cheers,
    CY

cylai, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  19. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    Good point. I have seen people buy scripts without gettting approved as an affiliate for eBay. Not a good thing.

a389951l, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  20. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    a389951l:

I always tell people on thie forum about this important point as I am speaking from a painful experience.
    Some moons ago I decided to tap into affiliate marketing with eBay. eBay.com rejected my affiliate application.

I then formed a partnership with someone i know from forum. We would set up BANS websites with his eBay affiliate links and I help promote the website. We agreed to share the profits.

To cut the story short, shortly I've succesfully generate thousands in commission with our BANS site (you can refer to my techniques from my websites listed in sig). My so called partner then ran off with the profits. :(

I like eBay affiliate program as it has mass appeal. In addition, most people feel safe to shop with eBay. However, they are one big dumb ass who auto reject any non US affiliate.

OK enough of the rant, now back to work!

CY

cylai, Feb 19, 2008 IP