1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BANS --- This Account Suspended

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Brent S, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Peon

Best Answers:
    It does feel like that doesn't it.

Unfortunately, this problem is still ongoing.

To clarify - your BANS admin panels will be working fine and you can continue to build and develop your stores as normal.

The only thing that is affected by this is our server and hence www.buildanichestore.com and all of the sections of which it comprises (sales copy, support center, member forum) are not accessible.

As soon as we're back up and running an email will be sent out to all BANS members.

Kelvin

Kelvin, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  2. Getagrip

Getagrip Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Its too bad that there are people out there who hack good companies - I wish the hackers would go after the scammers instead!

Getagrip, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  3. avstrad

avstrad Peon

Best Answers:
    Just out of interest, do hosting companies work weekends?

I mean, they obviously have to have someone around, but is it usually a skeleton crew, or will it be all hands on deck to sort this out?

Just wondering whether hackers do this sort of thing at a weekend because they know it'll take longer to fix...

avstrad, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  4. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who knows what these F****n people think. If they used there skills to help people rather than screw them they would be rich in the wallet and mind. What a waste. Probably watching this thread and laughing.
    Now if you will excuse me I have to put the survival gear away.
    :)

Lets do the Stumble

TheMagpie, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  5. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Kelvin,

I'm not sure who you guys host with, but that's an awful lot of downtime my friend. In all seriousness, my company would be happy to work out something with you guys for your hosting needs. Send me a PM if you're interested. We've been around since 1996 and we have folks around to address these kinds of things 24x7 and on weekends.....

seowarrior, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  6. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone using hostgator better check there servers. They've been affected aswell. My server was. They say we need a patch. :(

7. Kelvin

Kelvin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the offer - we already have relationships with several hosting companies and it just happens that one which has always performed pretty well has collapsed on us all of a sudden.

Our BANS site isn't on Hostgator and the server problems we're having will not be affecting your own stores in any way.

--------------------------------------------

As for any BANS members reading this...sadly I've got little to update at the moment.

From what little we've been told it may be that they are having some critical problems across the board and hence the delay.

It's like watching paint dry.

I'd recommend you focus on building and developing your stores and leave this period of suffering to us.

Kelvin

Kelvin, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  8. JJ_McClure

JJ_McClure Peon

Best Answers:
    Before the site went down I saw the hacked page which did something very similar to a problem that I saw a few months ago. I think it was an AJAX hack targeting websites that used Google's free website optimizer(split testing) before it was patched . Just thought mentioning it might help you guys.

JJ

JJ_McClure, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  9. lefdi

lefdi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yesterday I was trying to build my 1st BANS site...yes, not a great way to start lovin this niche product! Earlier in the day I was rerouted to a National Bank....at the end of the day I got the "account suspended" page and still do.

While everyone has some "downtime" maybe someone could answer my question? I went through all the installation and user manuals and created a site. When I got to "view my store" and go to my site all I have is pages of HTML. I tried to change the settings from Normal to Curl and back again...and that didn't work. Funny thing is the code is for all kinds of random ebay items I have never identified....like fireplaces and Japanese Kimonos haha!

Is this a problem related to hacking or am I just clueless? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I originally had multiple ebay category codes but went in and simplified it with just ONE code and still no luck!

lefdi, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  10. NicholeB

NicholeB Peon

Best Answers:
    Lefdi,
    Instead of inserting html code into the text box, you need to first click on the <> symbol (I think it appears in the lower right side of the toolbar for the text boxes), then insert code there.

Hope that helps. If not, someone more experienced will need to reply.

NicholeB, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  11. lefdi

lefdi Peon

Best Answers:
    I was just using their generic form and template....not any HTML...but when I went to view the site it was all in HTML....so somehow their template and generic form didn't convert THEIR html code. Does that make sense?

Imagine just being a newbie and using it for the first time and having no html background. I went through the 5 steps on the Site Builder page and Saved and then clicked "View Your Site" and my site was all in code!

Thanks for your response though! :)

lefdi, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  12. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    From Kelvin "Our BANS site isn't on Hostgator and the server problems we're having will not be affecting your own stores in any way"

I know this, but I thought I would mention Hostgator was hacked aswell. I was on the phone with them for hour and someone hacked some servers there and the one my BANS sites are on was hacked . They confirmed it. I didn't say It was related but the coincidence is pretty shaky. Hostgator was hacked. If you host with them it would be a good idea to contact them and check to see if your sites are on the servers affected. They told me to "contact the BANS Admin and get a patch". That's what they said. They also told me to change all my passwords and call my bank.
    If it is related or not they were hacked yesterday and lots of us use them. :(

13. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should re-trace your steps. Try opening 2 browsers one to view the site and one to do the work. Refresh the view page after each save to see what happening.
    If you are new it takes time and patiance, but before you know it you will be answering the same ? for someone else in a couple months

14. hartlenn

hartlenn Peon

Best Answers:
    HI Bans people
    Iwas just on live chat help at hostgator with regard to the suspended account message at our beloved Bans. The chat aide guy Richard S told me he had no problem access the buildanichestore.com page or the forum. He said it was probably my browser needing a refresh. He did not mention any hacking going on at hostgator. How can I tell if my website has been hacked. My stores are working and as Kelvin said earlier I CAN admin my stores. Even though the 'account suspended' message is there, I can still link to all my admin panel pages.
    Adam & Kelvin: Thanks for posting here. You have all my support & sympathy for this hassle. Hang in there; we all love you

hartlenn, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  15. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well the guy at Hostgator is wrong. BANS site (buildanichestore.com) is still down and the site isn't even hosted at Hostgator.

seowarrior, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  16. hartlenn

hartlenn Peon

Best Answers:
    Clearly the guy at hostgator is either uninformed, lying or on who knows what medications? You would think that if there'd been hacking going on they would at least advise me. Instead I get some crap about my browser needing a clear. Anyway, how can you tell if your hostgator account has been hacked. Why do I need to change my bank password?
    Thanks for replying
    Hartlenn

17. hartlenn

hartlenn Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I just spoke to hostgator guy again. I presented all the facts to him. He said hostgator had NOT been hacked. I said another member was on the phone to hostgator & was told they had been hacked and to change all PW and call the bank. Magically, NOW he has contacted security and they are looking into for me. They will notify me by email if my sites have been hacked.

18. ebiz1022

ebiz1022 Peon

Best Answers:
    Apparently you are not reading this thread or the answers to your questions. Buildaniche.com is the site that has been hacked. They are not on Hostgator, nor do they have anything to do with Hostgator. If you are on Hostgator, your sites are fine.

ebiz1022, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  19. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Read my post again. I/They never said anything about bans being hacked at hostgator.
    They said the server my sites are on was affected by a hack yesterday. Just certain servers. Only some servers are affected. Not all of HG. They never said my sites where hacked. They said the server was. They have hundreds of servers.

BANS is not hosted at Hostgator I never said it was.

This is what he told me.
    "The server your main site is on has been affected for your peace of mind we suggest changing your Passwords and Informing your bank" Also contact the bans admin and get a patch.

They don't just send out email to everyone for every attempted hack.
    They would be sending Emails all day. People try hacking these hosts everyday.

I'm just trying to let other folks hosting with them know that there was a issue with certain servers.
    If the server your on wasn't affected then they wouldn't find anything wrong with it.
    This is the question I posed to them after reading about it on another forum.
    ?, bans was hacked and I have sites on your servers. Now I hear HG was hacked aswell could you please check the server my sites are on. 20 Min's later the answer was. Yes the Server your sites are on was affect by a incident. What should I do ? answer. For your peace of mind we suggest you change your passwords and inform your bank. That's it. That's what they said. Then I waited whilst he checked again to confirm.

Remember its a server not all of HG. Isn't it just easier to call and have them check (YOUR SERVER) rather than dispute it here. I have no reason to post false info. Kelvin and Adam know thats not my style. What happened to my server isnt necessarally happening to the one your sites are on.

I hope that clarify's what I was saying.

20. Lokahi

Lokahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since this is the BANS forum refugee camp I have a question.

I've just purchased BANS as it seems interesting as another revenue source. Seeing as the BANS site is down now I haven't got to read the forums there much. I built my first BANS site today and the concept is pretty simple.

What I don't understand is, is why is everyone on the BANS forums concerned about KW research? After I made my BANS site I seems that the software populates the site with ebay categories and sub categories. Is KW research for adding article content through content pages?

Also I can't see how people set and forget these sites. I can't understand how they would even rank in google as they don't have much content jsut ebay auctions.

I do believe the system works as there is countless great reviews. I just can't see how this would work with just set it and forget it. I want to know what has to be done for BANS to work successfully. What is up with KW research? How do successful BANS site make it.

Lokahi, Mar 15, 2008 IP