1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by MentaLRZ, Jan 25, 2006.

1. MentaLRZ

MentaLRZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I already have a chikita account but in my opinion it doesnt serve me as well as google has over the years.

MentaLRZ, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  2. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didnt get to look at your ads before they were taken down. Was that bar or any other kind of border seperating the pictures from the ads?

SportsOutlaw, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I saw it at work today. The line was added later on. It wasn't there originally.

lorien1973, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  4. SportsOutlaw

Best Answers:
    Ok, cause there is no issue with having images to draw you to the ads, but there simply has to be a visible border between the two, be it a border like that, or a visible border color in the adsense banner.

SportsOutlaw, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  5. E13 9AZ

E13 9AZ Peon

Best Answers:
    E13 9AZ, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  6. SportsOutlaw

Best Answers:
    Exactly, and here is the email I got yesterday from google after implementing this method and asking for a review.

I make a habit of contacting google anytime I feel necessary to make sure I am in compliance. I may be on their top 10 list for emails sent, but I dont care as this is what I feel necessary to keep myself safe. I also keep these emails saved in a seperate folder just in case I ever need them.

SportsOutlaw, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  7. MentaLRZ

Best Answers:
    they should update the TOS explaining this.

MentaLRZ, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I read this whole thread and as funny as all the off topic stuff was, you have to stop posting about it here and deal with Google directly about it. THey reverse suspensions all the time.

A few tips:

1.) Write each day with new information. It gives you a reason to be emailing and doesn't come off as whining. Offer logs, etc
    2.) Don't threaten legal action - If you already did you are screwed because your account gets flagged and put away waiting for those legal papers to arrive
    3.) Be nice - Grit your teeth and kiss ass - Everyone hates a moaner. Offer to give them a Brown Betty if thats what it takes and smile and say Thank you sir, can I have another
    4.) Apologize like crazy - and for Gods sake fix the problem. You got banned for images next to ads yet they are still there :confused:
    5.) Use proper grammar - Put some time into your emails as it makes a difference

If you were making $4000 a month it should take around 2 weeks for you to get your human review (from those I have talked to). You won't hear a single thing up to that point.

I would definately give the "woe is me" stuff a rest as it only hurts your case. You shouldn't have been getting all your income from one place so this is what happens. Be persistant and they will review the site. Whether they reinstate you or not is another story.

Now back to the Penguins and Polar Bears

PS. Don't PM me...Everytime I post in one of these threads I get PMs

yfs1, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  9. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you verify that giving them a brown betty will actually help get the account restored, or is that just for fun?

aeiouy, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  10. MentaLRZ

Best Answers:
    I do not know what a brown betty is..... but still waiting for a response... I have at the moment..

Given them complete access to my entire server logs and details to which records every detail down to the browser and logoff times... Personal contact information, Clarification and information and proof of our attacks on our servers and products and so forth so this should be enough proof for them to checkover and find the culprit.

Regards,

MentaL

good links likes this.
  11. ivan210

ivan210 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually Google encourages this type of behaivor, ie., making the links blend in with the site. There own tips explain that you have a better chance of generating traffic to advertisers by making your links blend in, vs. stand out.

Certainly no TOS violation there. I'd imaging something else happened to cause the ban.

ivan210, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  12. Epson

Epson Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you also got banned because:
    All of your ads are iframed from a different soure, hence, making the google ads not contextual anymore.
    hxxp://forum.ragezone.com/google.html
    hxxp://forum.ragezone.com/little.html

look at this thread,
    hxxp://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=53643

Epson, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  13. MentaLRZ

Best Answers:
    it is contextual as its we are mmorpg server based and dedicated servers are filtering, thus my ban does not coincide with that.

14. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey MentaLRZ,
    I think Epson is right. You can't serve ads in an iframe. You say it is contextual, (and perhaps it is) but google reserves the right to determine the context. By using an iframe calling another page with it's own keywords you are bypassing their controls and violating TOS.

Specifically here is the TOS that relates to this-

-No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages. (pages called little.html and google.html on your site)

-Any AdSense ad code, search box code, or referral code must be pasted directly into Web pages without modification. AdSense participants are not allowed to alter any portion of the ad code or change the layout, behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads for any reason.

You may not have done this intentionally- but you did force adsense to display ads based on your desired context (in iframe keywords), not the actual page content.

corinaw, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  15. MentaLRZ

Best Answers:
    Hm.. your prob right, cheers, ill await the reply from google, ive disclosed all information they could require whilst giving open access to the entire server logs so.. I can only pray, then if the worst happens, i loose 5 years work, no biggy.

16. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    i read somewhere in another thread that IFRAMES are NOT ALLOWED. a DP member emailed google and the response was that "...publishers may not use IFRAMES to..."

devin, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  17. ace

ace Peon

Best Answers:
    IFRAMES are allowed, google gives you the option to setup the ads so they work in IFRAMES. Loading the IFRAMES with keywords is not legit.

If you use the IFRAMES to change what ads are displaying, you are not following the TOS.

ace, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  18. telecomm

telecomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm...
    Need to be careful with google.

telecomm, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  19. MentaLRZ

Best Answers:
    still no news.

MentaLRZ, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  20. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They didn't reply your email that I sent you??

BuildHome, Jan 29, 2006 IP