1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BANNED USERS: Did you participate in DP revenue sharing?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by LongHaul, Sep 5, 2006.

?

When you were banned, were you part of DP's revenue sharing?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. master_06

master_06 Peon

Best Answers:
    Haven't participated yet in any of the revenue sharing schemes but i would like to learn about it soon.
    Another thing is that if Google is for sharing profits from advertisers to the many AdSense affiliates, then i believe that you anyone engaged in this revenue sharing scheme could not in any way get banned or so.

master_06, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  2. Set

Set Peon

Best Answers:
    Theoretically a site that offers this could be banned IMO. By implementing the revenue sharing owner somewhat discloses his CTR. By entering your pub id and creating a channel for such site you are able to estimate it's CTR.
    That's how I know the CTR is really low here.

Set, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  3. Aragorn

Aragorn Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with you. A visitor clicks only on ads that interest him. Ads shown depends on the content of the page. The content of the page depends on the topic being discussed. So the CTR will not be the same throughout DP, it depends on the forum/sub-forum. Hence you will not be able to find the CTR unless you participate in all the threads in DP equally. Also, Google TOS restricts sharing of information provided to you by Google. So I think its perfectly fine to use revenue sharing as long as you and Shawn don't share your CTR and stats :D.

Aragorn, Mar 1, 2007 IP
    Set likes this.
  4. MtCowboy4Life

MtCowboy4Life Peon

Best Answers:
    how does adsense track if you click the ads on your website? I dont do do it but im always curious

MtCowboy4Life, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    They know the IP used to click the ad (as well of a host of other information) which when compared to the information gathered when you log in, tells them if you are clicking your own pub-id (regardless of the site it appears on)

yfs1, Mar 6, 2007 IP