1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned from Yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by caroline, Nov 28, 2004.

caroline, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  2. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    DarrenC, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  3. webcertain

webcertain Guest

Best Answers:
    Home page appears twice, but a site: search only returns one result, compare to the 6k in G.. that's plain worrying! As wwhhomes has suggested, you should send Y an email explaining your predicament, they're normally quite helpful nowadays..
    Good luck,
    Johann

webcertain, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  4. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    caroline, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  5. webcertain

webcertain Guest

Best Answers:
    That's indeed pretty coonfusing, as tombraider4u.fragism.com is not redirected to your new domain.. Y! should sort it out, eventually :-(

webcertain, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  6. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    I have my fingers crossed!

caroline, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    SEbasic, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  8. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing yet. And nothing has changed - one result was displayed before as well.

caroline, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  9. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at the URLs closely.
    Here's what Caroline posted at the beginning of the thread:
    and here's what Sebasic posted in post #7:
    The first one has got p and vs set to www.tombraider4u.com with a variable dups set to 1 That sounds like it allows duplicates to be displayed.
    the p variable is your query term and the vs variable looks like it restricts the search to that site.

exam, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  10. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like something happened! The results are changed now! No duplicates. I still don't rank for anything worth noting, but it's a good sign. I have other sites that rank in yahoo and the potentional traffic loss is not nice to think about.

caroline, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  11. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Caroline,

I suppose I should have mentioned this before. I had same thing happen. Two versions of my home page showing up. One about 3 months old, one new. Complete killed serp results.

I sent an e-mail to yahoo asking why they were showing two versions of my home page and 2 days later the old one was gone and serp results were back.

Cheers.

gchaney, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  12. Cibok

Cibok Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Caroline,

What a coincidence that you thought that your website might have been banned because of duplicate content.

Well guess what, you were correct. You might want to have a look at one of MY websites:
    http://www.free-direct-satellite-tv-system.com/

Does that look familiar to you?

Now as I think that you're just a kid, I won't go hard on you. I will give you the chance of removing my design immediately.

I strongly suggest that you will co-operate.

Best Regards,
    Nico

Cibok, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  13. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Your website design is like thousands of sites out there. A box with tables around it.

Not exactly duplicate content is it.

Content being text, information, one site on Tombraider one on TV's - I certainly don't think it has anything to do with your website at all.

DarrenC, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  14. Cibok

Cibok Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I know. It may not be the reason for the possible ban on yahoo.

But you must be blind if you don't see that she ripped off my site. Have a look at both websites's coding, and I think you'll see something duplicate.

Caroline, I hope this makes you respect others' work.

-Nico

Cibok, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The format/style may be similiar but I hardly could call this a complete rip off. If she used all your images, etc., and other content, perhaps you might have a valid argument. However that does not appear to be the case. This is no more a rip off than Andy Warhol painting Campbel Soup cans.

Mia, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  16. Cibok

Cibok Peon

Best Answers:
    You can call it what you want.

You can clearly see that she has ripped my layout and most of the code.

I am pretty sure that she just took my design and did some changes without asking permission from me. And this makes it a rip off.

-Nico

Cibok, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't it make more sense to complain about this directly to the person privately rather than bitch about it in a public forum? It's really not doing anyone any good IMHO. We have things like this happen all the time, however the "rip-off" is a bit more blatant.

Let me explain. One site we have www.dslone.com for our Wireless Internet Services gets ripped off regularly. Now I could care less if someone borrows from my layout/theme. Who cares really.. You really cannot copyright that, and even if you did you would have a hard time proving it was stolen. What I am talking about are actual images that I created for the site. Our "blazing fast" logo (number one most popular stolen image.) Images of our installs pop up on other sites. It is amazing to see that every house/business in the US looks identicle, right down to the antenna we used.

In every case we simply send out an email that explains that these images are copyrighted, and using them misleads people or damages our TM/brand. In every case the site owners have been cooperative and have removed any of our content.

That is the keyword BTW, "content". The layout look/theme is not what I consider to be "content". That said, there are millions of like web sites where the flow of the over all site and or theme is similar, but the content and images are not. This IMHO is perfectly acceptable.

So again, I would take this matter to a private discussion to resolve your differences. A public forum hardly seems to be the place to do this.

Peace

Mia, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  18. Catfish

Catfish Peon

Best Answers:

Well Said :cool:

Catfish, Dec 17, 2004 IP