1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned from Yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by a389951l, Mar 8, 2005.

1. inverse

inverse Banned

Best Answers:
    ask them
    did u use any spame ?

inverse, Apr 13, 2005 IP
    dfsweb likes this.
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    When I get new clients and they say they have been banned, I ask them first of course if they did anything from mass emailing to cloaking. If the answer is no, I do my own little "spam scan" for hidden links, text, etc.
    If nothing, I follow their outgoing links.
    In 80% of the cases that is where the problem is when the first 2 answers were truly "no".

If you link to a banned site or 2, you can yourself lose your indexing. Especially if the site has been banned for link farming, you can become guilty by association quickly.

Blogmaster, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  3. msj484

msj484 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    will yahoo allow a site to get back in the serps if it at 1 point was banned. like if you change the complete layout of a site, will yahoo then assume its a new order and in other words give the domain another chance? or is that domain name is just doom?

msj484, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  4. ronsard

ronsard Member

Best Answers:
    hello sitetutor,

i am in a similar yahoo problem (site dropped after rising to number one).

the site is clean although there are a lot of reciprocal links to check.

what do you use to check all the backlinks?

is there software or a script you use for your initial check or do you do them all by hand?

cheers, ronsard

ronsard, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I do it by hand, I click on the links, look at the sites and check if they are indexed at least in Google. I sometimes spam scan them as well for potential dangers down the road.
    I would not do link exchange unless you know the webmaster or have a really good feeling about him/her. Here on the forums you can trust that when someone who is knowledgable and has a site similar to yours, it should help to link (boy I hate that word) to one another and of course I would seek out sites that have already some good rankings (don't worry if they put your link on a PR1 page, it is the domain that matters).

Beware when someone emails you out of the blue. Even though I have found a few good network partners this way, 80% of the requests would have hurt me had a gotten myself involved with them.

Hope that helped,

Mike

Blogmaster, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  6. pattygale

pattygale Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice looking site... I get the same thing, too, in Yahoo.... just the homepage.

pattygale, Apr 16, 2005 IP