1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned from Ad Sense - Almost

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by joeychgo, Jun 23, 2005.

1. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

Exactly.

There is so little governance of the internet, its a free for all.

joeychgo, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  2. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But would greatly reduce it.

Arnie, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  3. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    So you want the Government be able to send people to jail for violating Googles TOS.

Talk about Big Brother

yfs1, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  4. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    joeychgo,

Sorry to hear it. I figured this will start happening more and more and competitors or disgruntled users realize they can cost you money simply by clicking your ads through proxies and stuff. :(

nddb, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  5. tom22

tom22 Peon

Best Answers:
    yfs1, it's not that someone broke Google's TOS, it's that someone maliciously tried to cause this person to loose a great deal of money.

tom22, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I still don't think its for the Government to get involved. What if someone clicked 10 times. Does that meet the threshold.

What happened to Joey is wrong but its on Google as there are easy solutions to it. They just don't want to use them because of their focus on profit.

Why should the government get involved with the average tax persons money to protect Google's interests?

If someone was malicious enough and you could prove it, there are already laws in place.

Passing specific worldwide ones that are a nightmare to enforce would just benefit Google, not the individual.

yfs1, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  7. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    I, for one, don't want "the man" involved in any more than he already is. Giving the government some sort of jurisdiction in a situation like this is just plain silly. This almost sounds like people blaming ODP for Google using them for their directory. Take it up with Google if you have a problem...again.

Joey, glad to hear you got your account reinstated. It sounds like setting up different EINs with the IRS may be the way to go and get multiple Adsense accounts to diversify a little.

chachi, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  8. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

No. Not enforce google's tos.

But people should be trace-able and accountable for their actions.

Maybe IPs should be static and assigned like phone numbers or something. I dont know. But you shouldnt just get on a computer and be able to commit mayhem with little chance of being held accountable.

9. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

I was thinking the same thing, but is it ok with googles tos?

10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Its the being "held accountable" part I worry about.

Google allows what happened to you to happen. By tracing that ip to a person and charging them with some kind of crime you are in fact enforcing Googles terms.

There is no law against clicking on ads and Google is the one that banned your account. I don't see the legal connection.

Instead Google should block that IP pending an investigation of their own, not ban your entire account which threatens your livelyhood.

yfs1, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  11. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are ongoing court cases, where Google brings people to court which violated general business terms in connection with their online program (TOS). Somebody will be sent to jail. Google can protects itself quite successful.

They can trace evidence hidden from the public, while small entrepreneurs depend on good luck that nothing will happen.

Arnie, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  12. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Maybe we should all get microchips installed under our skin too, so we could be traceable all of the time...

chachi, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  13. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you just gulped a Nano?

Arnie, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  14. yfs1

Best Answers:
    So if Google has the ability to do it already, why the need for a worldwide law? I think its naive to say that any webmaster can report someone and have action taken against them and expect that to work.

You are correct to say Google has sued people and thats the way it should be. Its their program!

yfs1, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  15. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Just found this in their TOS:

Multiple accounts held by the same individual or entity are subject to immediate termination unless expressly authorized in writing by Google (including by electronic mail).

Setting up another entity, ie: Corporation, LLC, LLP, etc that can have it's own EIN would probably be fine...I would run it by them first.

chachi, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  16. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    THis is something very interesting I read ever. I really did not know, that google people listen to valid complaints. Thats really awesome!! Congrats buddy!!

maverick, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  17. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Well, then, I guess next time you're in the street and get punched in the nose for the last dollar in your poscket, we should let that go too?

Why have rules at all?

That's now a very good answer either now is it?

noppid, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  18. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    That is a great comparison :rolleyes:

chachi, Jun 23, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  19. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Are you going to try and quantify the depth of theift too?

How much do I have to steal from you to piss you off? Cause if that's your attitude, I'm gonna steal everything below your threshold and keep it if you do!

noppid, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  20. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google needs a change in their TOS or attitude, I mean I hear and read constantly where folks are saying all it takes is for someone to start clicking like mad on a competitors adsense, and suddenly 'Boom!' the person that has the adsense account is banned, and they did nothing wrong at all.

That is nuts, if true !
    In this day and age where folks get a kick or joy out of harming someone else, etc, that almost has to be expected to happen in time to everyone who has an adsense account.

When another compatible adsense type thingy comes along, say from msn or yahoo, it looks like not only well a LOT of adsense folks breathe a relaxing breath, because they will then have another adsense type thing to fall back on if they are banned for doing nothing wrong, but some will definately leave adsense anyway, to get away from a place that punishes the wrong person.

bluegill_catcher, Jun 23, 2005 IP