1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned for invalid clicks - But when ?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by arjunprabhu, Sep 30, 2005.

1. jda

jda Peon

Best Answers:
    - It is shady because they should let you know when you're no longer earning money - you're wasting page real estate on ads that aren't doing anything for you

- I'm fine with them not keeping money but let them know that they aren't making money or you are screwing them out of other opportunities. Why should Google earn rev when you aren't? I'm sure that they keep their rev generated from valid clicks occuring after a policy violation.

- Put them through the same test they put other clicks thorugh

jda, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Many times its just a flag for human review that is triggered. If they cut people off at that point, it would punish honest publishers who keep their account after the human review. Who should Google favour - Those that commit fraud or those playing by the rules and who will provide a long term partnership?

Because the advertisers are getting the benefit which they are paying Google for

I have no problem with that, except it comes down to the resources available. Those resources mean money which means lower commisions. Honest publishers aren't willing to pay for scamsters to get better treatment.

yfs1, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  3. jda

jda Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't tell me Google cannot distinguish the good from the bad - they should review at the time of suspicion not at the time of payout

But the publishers are relying on the ads on their site generating revenue, and Google takes that away only after they've given up that ad space on their pages for what can be a lengthy extent of time.

I don't think that it is infeasible to stop running ads on publisher sites and alert them of their click fraud at the time that it occurs.
    Be realistic Google ($315 per share) has the resources, the small individual publishers cannot afford to be wasting the site space with ads that aren't generating revenue when they are led to believe that they are.

jda, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    No, actually they can't because that takes human review. Their filters take care of the majority but they cannot investigate every click by hand as it happens.

Maybe you don't understand the sheer number of publishers there are.

Cry me a river...Im supposed to feel bad for the people that scam the system?

Again, I don't feel bad for scammers that have to wait to find out they are banned. Honest people get all their money back for that period so to me that part of the system doesn't need to be changed.

I do think they should be more aggresive in their screening process but rewarding scammers is not the way they should go about it

yfs1, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  5. jda

jda Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand the huge number of publishers - but I think it's a problem that Google either addresses now or later in a worse situation. Just because publisher # is high doesn't mean the number of scammers is high.

Cry me a river, I'm supposed to feel bad for Google for creating an unmanageable system?

Google should stop the scammers early so that their advertisers aren't on scammer sites. I don't use AdSense but I do use AdWords, and even if I do get refunds I don't want my ads on scammer sites.

If scammer number is high, that's even more reason to stop them early, but Google doesn't want to because then they don't get the gain from having their ads on scammer sites for free - don't have to pay the publishers.

Both are in the wrong, but Google is in the position to stop it before they get their undeserved gain.

jda, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Why are so many people asking what it takes to actually get banned before it even happens? ;)

Blogmaster, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  7. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Fear Speaks.

The Webmaster, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  8. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if you have any legal recourse if the clicks are valid?

dougadam, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  9. arjunprabhu

arjunprabhu Peon

Best Answers:
    But is it ok to check with google and see if the account is in OK state before investing more time/effort on adsense (say may be on other sites) ?

Has anyone done this before?

arjunprabhu, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  10. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    :confused: :confused:
    If you are playing with the rules, dont worry, you'll be fine. I never heard google banned any innocent and in few cases they have reinstated account back to the normal.
    there is no point asking google every day/month - Am I fine?

The Webmaster, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  11. detkhobutmarketing

detkhobutmarketing Member

Best Answers:
    As i said before.I did not click on to my ads and the shut me down.Then later the kept sending me emails as if nothing happend.I deleted everything to do with adsense.However in the long run is it worth the trouble.You always get someone saying how much money they make and other so called mentors telling you that it is the way to go.

detkhobutmarketing, Aug 17, 2011 IP