1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned because site content goes against TOS??

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by ZeMMs, Dec 9, 2005.

When I read through the forums I see many accounts got banned because of fraud clicks (or activities related to creating unnecessary clicks).

However, I hardly hear those who got banned because they put adsense in their other websites that the contents somehow goes against adsense TOS. How does google deal with this when they find out? do they give warnings first and tell the publisher to remove codes from the site so and so? because site contents problem and fraud clicks are obviously two different case. Some people might not know how to diferentiate 'content-based websites' from 'non-content-based' websites... so they just put it in without even realising their violating the TOS. I also see soooo many websites that promotes autosurfing/GPT programs and have their adsense on the site, and they still survive with adsense.

Has anyone experience getting banned straight away because you put the code in a website that the content violates adsense TOS?

ZeMMs, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I've ran into trouble with Google AdSense twice on this topic.

The first site they objected to, they just turned AdSense off on that entire site. It was really the sites name which worried them, so I 301'd the site to a new name and no further objections have surfaced.

The second site they objected to, they threatened to close my account unless I took the AdSense ads off of "some pages" on that site. It took weeks to get them to tell me which pages.

A major difficulty in both of these situations was the inability of the AdSense personnel to read and understand the English language.

I tried fruitlessly to explain that "air guns" were not "firearms" -- until I eventually gave up.

Will.Spencer, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  3. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't heard about that yet. I know they give warnings, but when someone tries to provoke them they may shut down your account without prior notification.

Arnie, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I will echo Will on this site. Things related to click fraud will get an account wide ban effecting all sites. If their is material on a site that violates the TOS (not including calls to click adds, undue attention, etc which is under click fraud) they will email a warning and give you a chance to change it.

If a ban is intrioduced it is site specific in most cases. I imagine if you were commiting a more serious TOS violation such as a hate site, etc they may still decide to ban the account as a whole.

Best course of action - Always read the TOS and also review it everytime it changes ;)

yfs1, Dec 9, 2005 IP