1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bandwidth Problem Need Help

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Manojworld, Jun 18, 2013.

Hi in my forum there are many movies games videos softwares hosted on my server so when users download it decrease my bandwidth Is there any way to save bandwidth. I see one site after upload it takes 15 minutes to transfer that file in another server how they do it.. Can i do that to save bandwidth Please help me!!

Manojworld, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  2. ruzler

ruzler Banned

Best Answers:
    Upload your video to youtube-like hosting websites to save your traffic

ruzler, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  3. ServerPolice

ServerPolice Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use another server solely for the download / upload purpose to save bandwidth on the server hosting your website, or sync another box with the files and use both to serve downloads with load balancing.

ServerPolice, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  4. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have money , move to cloud server. No bandwidth problems. Else you can try such website like depositfiles etc to upload your file and provide the link to download. If your file is illegal , it may be removed.

humtuma, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  5. katou

katou Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on the size of your user base you may already be paying a decent sum for hosting. If so you could consider moving to an unmetered solution such as:
    http://www.us.unmetered.com/dedicated-servers.php
    That's purely an example from the first google result and there's many others like that. You should shop around to find the best one for you. Otherwise, a cloud/CDN solution may also work out well. Regardless, if you're doing file hosting, a cheap $4.99 "shared" plan will certainly not work out well in the long run.

katou, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  6. vangel

vangel Active Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of advise is that. Moving to cloud does not magically save bandwidth or give you unlimited bandwidth.

@Manojworld : PM me your site, I deal with bandwidth saving problems all the time.

vangel, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  7. mikehussy

mikehussy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    mikehussy, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  8. vangel

vangel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree, for most startup websites without much budget Cloud is a very bad way to go. I have posted about a free or nominal cost alternative in my forum post here http://www.webmastersupport.com

Unless you have a solid revenue plan with your website Cloud is an overhead you cannot afford.

vangel, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  9. Vincentas

Vincentas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't upload videos and large pictures to your website, it will compromise it's stability. There are a lot of free video hosting services out there.

Vincentas, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  10. Vernard

Vernard Member

Best Answers:
    Like suggested above, try using a video network service for your videos such as Youtube or Vimeo. As for member downloads you can upload the files to mirrors instead. Such as Rapidshare, Mediafire, and so on.

Vernard, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  11. muks

muks Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't put movies, games on your own server because they are copyrighted and that's one quick way to be suspended by your host.

You should be uploading them to file hosting services like 4shared, mediafire, to name a few.

muks, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  12. bandwidth-peter

bandwidth-peter Peon

Best Answers:
    You can have a second server to host all your files. Your first host will meter all your downloads, so if you host on your second one, you won't pay for excessive charges. This is a basic offloading strategy but you can see immediate results in bandwidth and money savings.

bandwidth-peter, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  13. !PrinceHackz!

!PrinceHackz! Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi, best solution is to get a good offshore server, if you cannot then buy vps which gives a lot of bandwith usually in hundreds f gega bytes.

!PrinceHackz!, Aug 1, 2013 IP