1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Balloons

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AndrewGriffiths, Jul 11, 2019.

Hi. Anyone like balloons? - the party/ decorative type?

AndrewGriffiths, Jul 11, 2019 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    vyot8.jpg

malky66, Jul 11, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One time, I sent my wife a dozen helium-filled balloons for Valentine's Day (instead of flowers.) I thought that it would be different and possibly cool because the delivery gal also sang a quick song, etc. The wife was not amused. Won't make that mistake again.

When my kids were little, we would get helium-filled balloons for their birthdays and the mylar ones last for many days after the event. I got in the habit of tying a piece of cardboard at the end of the string of one of them and then snipping off small pieces of the cardboard until the balloon stayed at a child's eye level in the room. The kids loved it because as they walked around the room, they would create air currents that caused the balloon to move around and sometimes, even follow them. Sometimes, you would be doing something and the balloon would work its way over to you to join in. As the balloon slowly lost helium, I would just cut a little more cardboard off the string so that it would go back to floating around at eye-level. Cheap fun for kids after the event.

jrbiz, Jul 11, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. AndrewGriffiths

AndrewGriffiths Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite inventive, jrbiz. I like their prettiness and perfect shape, but the part I really love is banging them.

AndrewGriffiths, Jul 12, 2019 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You should get yourself a girlfriend for that sort of thing..I have to ask, how old are you??

malky66, Jul 13, 2019 IP