1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BAD Support - Help!!! Hostgator Hosting Outage problem

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by phpaddicted, Nov 22, 2011.

Hi,

I am having hostgator 3 years plan of shared hosting, All things were working smoothly till last month but from last month my site was getting continuously downtime and today I my site down after every half hour and then come up in 15 minutes, It happened whole day. So I send email to hostgator and after exchanging so many emails what they are saying, that it is my ISP problem that site is down. Is that true? I told them that if it is problem of my ISP then my friends which are from other countries also cant access site when site is down So how it is problem of my ISP. I dont understand they are continuosuly telling me these types of reasons. I provided them pingdom report but when they dont have any reason they said that we dont accept pingdom reports.
    They are not accepting that it is their server issue(Might be this is preparation of thanksgiving offer by f***ing their old customers.) and I cant accept that it is my ISP issue, If it is my ISP issue then my sites should be access by other person when site is down.

So Is their anyone who can help me in this? I am really frustrated with this. I have all emails of hostgator support. If anyone need it then tell me.

Thanks in advance.

phpaddicted, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How is anyone else going to help you with HostGator's problems? A lot of people have been reporting issues with their services lately. I'm guessing all the "unlimited" nonsense is finally catching up with them.

Anyway, that's a great reason why you should never, ever prepay for 3 years in advance.

WSWD, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  3. stach14

stach14 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are going to have to get through to HostGator to fix it. Or move to a new host... I agree the unlimited deals and specials "could" be the cause. But could be one of many other reasons. If yuo can't hit the site and people in another country can't hit the site, then it is not your ISP. Good luck dealing with support.

stach14, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  4. phpaddicted

phpaddicted Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am really frustrated now with Hostgator. You know I suggest Hostgator hosting to my 13 to 15 clients also I am selling hostgator plans by affiliate and now hostgator itself kicking my a*s by not solving my problem. It really sucks now. I again emailed them and they replied me and same thing they dont have problem with datacenter and server, So where is problem and most important thing even hostgator employees dont know that they are considering pingdom report or not, one employee saying hostgator consider and one employee deny it. I think hostgator dont have services like before.

Ankur

phpaddicted, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  5. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. I tried to contact them via Live chat for some to presale questions. But I couldn't connect with them more than 3 minutes with their live chat. Always disconnecting the live chat support. Guess it is a technical problem with them because I could contact other hosts via live chat. Therefore I decided not to with them with their bad live chat support.

dumindushalika, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  6. phpaddicted

phpaddicted Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Finally they accepted that it is issue from their side and they solved that before 1 hour and told me to contact them immediately if I get my site down again. It means they are still not sure that problem is solved.

Hostgator having good service/support I am using it from long time and I didnt get this type of problem before, Only this time they get worse in understand problem, But I always got reply from support.

Ankur

phpaddicted, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  7. stach14

stach14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of luck to you if you choose to stay at this point. You have had the issues, you have had the frustration, etc. But only you can decide what is best for your sites and how important it is to keep them up and running smoothly :)

stach14, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  8. yester123

yester123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its some or the other server issues that the reason you are facing problem.

Usually you dont get such problems with hostgator. But if you think you can't take it then change the host and ask for refund

yester123, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  9. palsman

palsman Active Member

Best Answers:
    waaw how this happen are your hosting is prepaid 3 years???
    i work with them more than 5 years and all thing is ok.
    and you can get from hostgator.wait until black Friday at the coming day 25-11-2011 and you get discount 80% on all packages. :)

palsman, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  10. nahid1203

nahid1203 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's why I moved to Ipage :(

nahid1203, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  11. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We don't generally recommend hostgator anymore but they are not "aweful" in my opinion. There are just other options that are quite competitive.

dvduval, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  12. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where do you come up with this? It's only going to be 50% off, and only for the 1st month on VPS and Dedicateds.

WSWD, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  13. nesrinamb

nesrinamb Member

Best Answers:
    i did get notified that their where issues with my site by Google bot when it couldn't ping several pages. Although my issues where only temporary hostgator so far for has been good but i haven't been with them long.

nesrinamb, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  14. canaryspace

canaryspace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used many hosting companies and all of them have been terrible, until I switched to Hostgator.

I have not had any problems with them and find their support second to none.

I would reccommend Hostgator to anyone who is serious about their online business.

They have helped me achieve what I thought would be impossible and I am surprised that any one has problems with them!

Simply put, Hostgator are the best hosting service I have ever used and I can sleep at night knowing that my websites are going to be there in the morning!

Using any shared hosting can be a problem, so look at yourself and ask yourself if you are serious about your online business, if you are, then use a dedicated server. I am using the dedicated pro from Hostgator and have no problems at all, page load is instant, downtime is zero and even with over 41,000 members and busy flash chat rooms, a large social community and over 8,000 unique hits a day, I can not fault their service. The only problems I have had is with third party scripts and Hostgator have gone out of their way to help me with these, no other hosting company has helped me with third party script problems! This is the best service I have ever used and I will never look at any other hosting.

canaryspace, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  15. Hosteasier

Hosteasier Peon

Best Answers:
    You should wait for their support answer

Hosteasier, Nov 25, 2011 IP