1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad links? Duplicate content?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sgorman, Apr 10, 2007.

Hi,
    I have found a site that is pointing to my site within a frame. The site is not stealing my content, not claiming my content as their own and not falsely representing my site as their own, just taking my site and putting it into a frame.

Not really a problem... but the url is one that you wouldn't choose to use: I don't want to post it here, but suffice to say it is in the pattern of: www.googlecars.com or www.yahooclaims.com

Should this be worrying me? Is there a duplicate content issue? I think there is, as I would expect to use a 301 / 302 redirect for legitimate purposes and framed content looks like duplicate content, to me.

sgorman, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  2. ewc21

ewc21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I won't worry about it. Search engines would find out how your site was used within those domains. There is no duplicate content issue because the site in question pertains to your own site.

ewc21, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  3. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:
    Search engine would know who's the first to submit that content.

Janna122003, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  4. sgorman

sgorman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cool - Thats what I figured. But what of the URL issue? The site has used a major brand name.

Cheers.

sgorman, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  5. coolguy27

coolguy27 Banned

Best Answers:
    You don't need to worry if you are the first to create those contents 'coz search engines detect which is first and the one who copy if you're the first the other page will be detected as duplicate....:D

coolguy27, Apr 11, 2007 IP