1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

bad linking on google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stringx, Jun 16, 2016.

Hi there, I own a blog since one year and the problem is that I do not get enough visitors from search engines. Someway I think that I figured out the problem what it keeps me out of search engines, bad linking in google?
    With bad linking I mean, that many things are linked in google that are not important like photos, and deleted articles. What can I do about this?
    Will google delete them by itself when will se that's nothing there, or is my job that.
    I didn't post anything about my website, I think that somebody will think that I did this post because of getting traffic from here, anyway if it's okay if someone ask I will post my link.

stringx, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you have deleted pages you should be throwing 404 errors which tells Google that the page is gone and they'll be removed eventually (has taken 3 years in some cases I've seen)
    Image optimisation is a technique you'll find talked about here so don't think that having your photos indexed is a bad thing.

The main question you have to ask yourself is if your site and your pages deserve more traffic?
    Is your site worthy of being in the top 10 of all the sites talking about the topics that you talk about?
    Have you got your on page SEO right?
    Have you got your off page SEO right?

The traffic is out there, you just have to earn it.

sarahk, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  3. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt that's the problem. Keep your sitemap updated on those results cached by Google will soon disappear. If you provide link to your web site I will tell you what's really wrong with it ;)

miguel84, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  4. stringx

stringx Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for these replies. My site.
    I would really need a kind review of my website. I have wrote some good articles (I think) and I'm not even in google ten first pages. I can't understand that. The question is for this article How to Create Google AdSense Account in 2016

@sarahk is there any way to remove these 404 pages by my self, to report on google. I don't want to wait 3 years

stringx, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your link didn't work
    I believe you are worrying unnecessarily about those 404s. Make sure the headers are right and move on.

sarahk, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keeping the sitemap updated has nothing to do with the thread because the traffic and the search engines are his problems. For this, the blog must focus on its target audience in which will provide new and interesting blog post for the users so that it will gain target traffic to the site.

KylieSweet, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  7. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, after he provides new and interesting blog posts for the users he definitely needs to keep his sitemap updated so the site can be properly crawled and indexed by Google.... If his sitemap isn't updated and contains deleted posts for instance, will generate in google crawling a lot of 404 errors... Which is bad... So how can you say "Keeping the sitemap updated has nothing to do with the thread"...???

miguel84, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  8. KylieSweet

Best Answers:
    Did you read the post above? the subject here is the "visitors from search engines" so how these updated sitemap helps the thread? :eek:
    Are you an avid fan of sitemap? :D

KylieSweet, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  9. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Darling, to get visitors from search engines he needs optimization on all SEO aspects. Since SEO means Search Engine Optimization, is obvious that you optimize to get visitors from search engines... And sitemaps are one of the factors of a job well done. So tell me how is this not related. He mentioned on 1st thread: "many things are linked in google that are not important like photos, and deleted articles. What can I do about this? " and my response to that is obviously keep an updated sitemap...

miguel84, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  10. KylieSweet

Best Answers:
    We all know that general term SEO and there is no need to mention it. What? Sitemap as one of the factors of a "job well done"? Would you mind to explain this? :eek:
    Too much sitemap in your mind :D so take it easy and learn other related things. :cool:

KylieSweet, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  11. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I leave you talking with yourself

miguel84, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you got any evidence of how long it takes?
    I know I can point to articles and show when they were created, when they were removed and the legal threats 3 years later because the article was still in the SERPS.
    You say "soon disappear" but we have no idea of what you mean by "soon".

You sound like a cabbie “Where you goin’, darlin’?”

sarahk, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  13. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well there's no term or deadline, therefore the "soon"... You can speed up by requesting the removal on Google Search Console. So "soon" can be weeks or months... But you can speed up that process by doing what I mentioned before.

Don't make a great deal how I engage in a conversation with people since my native language is not English, so have no idea what you mean by saying I sound like a cabbie,you sound racist by that comment

miguel84, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Not racist, I just don't like sexist pigs regardless of where they come from. I've spent months in Portugal. I never heard men calling complete strangers "Darling" in any language.

sarahk, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  15. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    But I thought cabbies did...

16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol :)
    London cabbies, I guess
    Never caught a cab in Portugal, mostly pedal power or sharing rides with friends we made.

sarahk, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  17. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Once again you are implying that I look like an Asian London cabbie but I couldn't care less.

18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Never saw an Asian driving a cab back in the '90s, they were usually East Enders abusing the shit out of cyclists. And I used the word "sound".

sarahk, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  19. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Have you heard about google disavow tool which removes bad link from your website.

Dario McNut, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  20. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Disavow Tool is for backlinks which was not mentioned as a possible problem so far on this thread...

miguel84, Jun 24, 2016 IP