1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad Keywords?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by cdx, Oct 21, 2005.

Hi all...

I did a very good job and I managed to target few keywords and get them into Yahoo's top results, but nothing on google so far...

renting marais studio apartments (1st)
    studio apartments in paris (3rd)
    studio apartments marais paris (2nd)
    rent studio apartments paris (4th)
    -and few other combanation with 'studio apartments' 'marais' 'paris'

This is where my problem begins.

I don't get much traffic. I get just few clicks a day. I realized that maybe this is not the right keywords to concetrate on, so I found myself wondering in WordTracker looking for new keywords.

When I look at the keywords I see that there is no way I will make my site into the top results (1-30) in the popular searches. Or I will have to work on it very very hard. I think that there is a point where I need to admit that even that I believe that I have the ability to rank a website higher in SE for specific keyword, I need to slow down and think again in this matter.

This is the website that I am working on. I will not go anywhere else and I need to find the most suitable solution at this point.

I knew from the begging that "renting short term apartment paris" (or any similar combination) will end my site far behind other websites that have reputation of years in SE. So I tried to be smart and to go for "marais studio apartments" and to try to pick those people who search for specific location, and make it to the top results. Probably, people are not searching for that because I end up with just few enteries.

What should I do now? WordTracker (Trial) gives me -400 MAX for any keyword I am typing.

I need to find another solution...

Thanks for reading and more thanks if you reply I may need to hear a good advice...

Guy

cdx, Oct 21, 2005 IP
  2. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    I think if you try to build on what you have already it may not be impossible to get highr rankings.

Do not switch keywords rather build on them while holding the positions you have right now try going for "rent apartments (in) paris" ... I am sure a good ranking for this keyword will bring a smile to your face.
    Look at it this way, you got your foot in the door with your current keywords ... now you need to push really hard.

Ohh and about G .. don't worry .. they'll come around .. i hope

payoutwindow, Oct 21, 2005 IP