1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad experience from Manashosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by jamuna, May 9, 2008.

1. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong with being 18 & working at tech support, I am just 19 & I do all of that :)

The thing is that , they should know their stuff before signing for the job.

ishan, May 13, 2008 IP
  2. SEOpaw

SEOpaw Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG i love those message like robots do (r u stil ther? cn u hlp m out her?)

SEOpaw, May 13, 2008 IP
  3. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, they are not really good one's to deal with. Support does not know what a server si and whats the difference between a PC and server. Sales does not know English. What they do is cop0y/paste exactly whats written on the website(which isn't good as well).

They're hosting 3k domains because they have bunch of users who've been using web host for the first time.

inworx, May 13, 2008 IP
  4. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is not 3K , the number is more than 12 K, check this -
    http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/reports/total_domains/MANASHOSTING.COM

Even we at LaceHost host nearly 2 K domains :)

Ishan

ishan, May 13, 2008 IP
  5. qualityhostings

qualityhostings Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea that's right. They have host-tracker logo on their homepage and I remember once I asked about it , why do you host your main site on godaddy and their reply was , its very hard to move all our files to our own server and thats why still using godaddy.

I also remember once I asked about their server's hard disk and one told me that the hard disk is 100GB.

I still don't know who is making 100GB hard disk? I heard only 80gb and 120gb.

Plus I asked about their datacenter name , he told me " Datacenter name is MANASHOSTING" lol

Well , My brother is working at Bangalore ,Yahoo.com right now , He went to Manashosting's office before 2 years and it was a single room , with only 1 person (at that time) , handling a landphone, a mobile phone with headset , and a computer.

Same opinion from me also, nowadays 10 years old kids are using computers very well.

I am not sure about webhosting.info report. How it is correct? When I checked my site it told me I am hosting only 175 domains, In fact we have around 2400 domains under us on different servers

Vivek

qualityhostings, May 13, 2008 IP
  6. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That maybe true (the 2400 I mean), but those are not hosted with your company. When you sell reseller hosting/master reseller hosting, the domains hosted by them & their clients, are considered to be hosted by those companies & not by you.

Say abc.com has a reseller with you, then all domains in the accounts created by abc.com are hosted by abc.com company, & not your company, even if the server is owned/rented by you.

If these domains of abc.com reseller , were considered as yours, then the datacentre could claim that the domains are hosted by them, as they own the servers & you just rent them :)

So , webhosting.info tells us the shared hosting domains you have , which means you host only 175 domains.

Thank you
    Ishan

ishan, May 13, 2008 IP
  7. qualityhostings

Best Answers:

May be you are right. But I am hosting my main domain on a VPS where no other domains are there, yes I have my own VPS for my domain. Then how webhostinginfo found 175 domains?

8. IndiaNets

IndiaNets Guest

Best Answers:
    IMO they just count the domains pointing to your nameservers. For different nameserver domains, they consider different companies.

Also, your reseller and master reseller's domains are not counted as yours ;)

IndiaNets, May 13, 2008 IP
  9. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Webhosting.info uses your nameservers, say ns1.suntexhosting.com , & checks how many domains are using it.
    So, all your nameservers - ns1,2,3,4,5 as many as they are , are all considered.
    This means that you have shared hosting customers with a total of 175 domains, excluding ccTLDs.

Ishan

ishan, May 13, 2008 IP
  10. qualityhostings

Best Answers:
    Well, I have an excuse for this too! :)
    I am not using the actual nameservers, means, my nameservers arent pointing directly to the server.

I am using Managed DNS solution and in this case, if webhostinginfo checks how many domains are there in my server using my nameserver details , then it will come to only my Managed DNS hosting providers server!

I am managing the DNS, different IPs for different servers, nameservers etc all using this managed dns.

11. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are using
    Name Server: MANAGED1.SUNTEXHOSTING.COM
    Name Server: MANAGED2.SUNTEXHOSTING.COM
    Name Server: MANAGED3.SUNTEXHOSTING.COM
    Name Server: MANAGED4.SUNTEXHOSTING.COM

So, they can find out the number of domains using these.

Go to WebHosting.info & click on Methodology, you will get to know how they do it.

Thank you
    Ishan

ishan, May 13, 2008 IP
  12. w0lfenst1en

w0lfenst1en Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PLEASE DO NOT TRY MANASHOSTING i have really bad experience with my domain and hosting they are useless and complete idiots, no communication skills nothing like professional

they are like doing home business inside a room with one server and hosting 1000s domains what the hell??

w0lfenst1en, May 16, 2008 IP
  13. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    i sent a warning to manashosting about legal action.
    To settle this issue,they are ready to tranfer the domain (free with hosting) to my name and provide domain control panel details.
    For this they expected meto stop legal proceedings against them.
    my hosting will expire on 17th june.
    what you feel of this settlement?

jamuna, May 20, 2008 IP
  14. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    I say you take it and get the hell out :)

Cameron [NetXHosting], May 20, 2008 IP
  15. newgenservices

newgenservices Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  16. SEOSpeakS

SEOSpeakS Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks buddies, i was not aware of it, and for my upcoming website i am going to do host with them, well and other good hosting company?
    please suggest.

SEOSpeakS, May 30, 2008 IP
  17. locomotion

locomotion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For reliable get hostgator or dreamhost, a little costly than average but at least they can assure you such pathetic problems will not happen again :D

locomotion, May 30, 2008 IP
  18. shreen2008

shreen2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow. After reading all these messages, now i repent why did i register my domain with them. Luckily , i applied for domain registration only. Wuu. I was saved from their hosting packages. Their sales team tried to sell it , but i didnt buy. Very poor service I paid money 20 days back and still dont have my domain control panel details. They ask identity proof etc.......very stupid service. somebody should take action against them

shreen2008, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  19. boussena

boussena Active Member

Best Answers:
    very professional sentence this "tomm" :D
    i think it's a bot not a human that support.

boussena, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  20. MrBoss

MrBoss Peon

Best Answers:
    You will see more than 800 items.... downloading when you open their website... lol

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
    MrBoss, Sep 17, 2009 IP