1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad day for AC, AGS, and Gworld...

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by d16man, Jul 18, 2007.

1. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok so guerilla tactics. But this is nothing new in terms of fighting a war if you even look at the war between the US and the UK(Revoultionary war). And I am sure there are many regions who use the same tactics. These tactics are not new. The US would be considered in using such tactics. Such tactics is old and not new news or a big surprise.

So again if you were to compare guerilla tactics. One can say that about many wars and conflicts.

lpstong, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean the same SVA that would capture the American officers assigned to their unit and sell them to Viet congs? :rolleyes:

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  3. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok so guerilla tactics. But this is nothing new in terms of fighting a war if you even look at the war between the US and the UK. The US would be considered in using such tactics. Such tactics is old and not new news or a big surprise.

Again really hard to compare. Vietnam never used religion like the middle east.

lpstong, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  4. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you answer the questions d16man? Show us all how much you really know.

cormac, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  5. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:

Ok if that is what you think that is ok with me. And many times there were spies within the SVA that were the viet cong. My father in law had the same feelings as many US intelligence. You never knew,

But it would be interested to valid references to what you are suggesting other than Jane Fonda and John Kerry websites.

And there will always be a bad apple in every army, Lets look at Benedict Arnold. You tell me that every soldier regardless of rank is true blue, patriotic and loyal to death he part from this earth, There will always be traitors in the midst. This is common knowledge regardless of what you think or say.

Just curious, So are you enjoying the US freedoms living on US soil or are you just another US basher btw.

I understand many US citizens who disagree with US policy. But those who theorize with little knowledge makes me wonder what is really your point. You can kick me, throw sand in my eyes, kick me in my balls(in my case my female pubic bone) But you will never find me have such hatred towards my government just to look good.

lpstong, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  6. WebdevHowto

WebdevHowto Peon

Best Answers:
    Again I agree with you up until that last point. You are so right that guerilla tactics are nothing new, but I don't think we were prepared for them in Vietnam and I don't think we are prepared for them now.

In Vietnam and in Iraq now we have a "Standing Army" that is ill prepared to deal with geurilla tactics. When I went through Basic training back in the late 90s they were still using "cold war" type of training. From what I hear they have now changed their training style to use the lessons learned in Iraq. They could have used the lessons learned in Vietnam to train those soldiers that went throught Basic when I did to deal with guerilla tactics.

WebdevHowto, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I had and have friends who served in Vietnam and a survival lesson that they learned very fast was that they should not turn their back to the SVA soldiers in their unit. Cut the crap about Jane Fonda and John Kerry and if your father in law was really that important then may be he should have stopped the corruption in SVA instead of begging for more. Most material never reached the units because the high ranking officers in SVA and SV government were too busy selling everything they could get their hand on in the black market. :mad:

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  8. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well this has been much debate in the US Senate. Regardless of pulling out now or later. The US forces do not have proper equpment et cetera. Many senators are in support of equiping our forces better. But not to be in wars right now in the state we are.

We need to question the senate and those who are charge of the military besides the US president. This issue has been going on for how many years.

I cant remember the bill but it was either dropped or denied to properly suit or military. But they made it appear that we were war mongers as opposed to properly suiting our military.

lpstong, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  9. WebdevHowto

WebdevHowto Peon

Best Answers:
    We do indeed; many questions need to be asked and hopefully will be in the future. We fought this war like it was a WWI or WWII scenario when in fact it has turned out to be much more like a Vietnam scenario.

WebdevHowto, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngo_Dinh_Diem

He was as good as Iraq's current president who was also involved in oil and drug smuggling. :rolleyes:

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  11. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So they say about every high ranking official in any capacity in any government. Look at our own US governent. This is old news. Every government official or family has a bad rap. Look at the Kennedy's, Bush's, Clintons, the royal family of UK and other foreign governments. This is not new or up and coming or breaking news. Why do you bring up subjects of the obvious or common knowledge. Bring earth shattering, ground breaking, earth moving, new and reaviling news to the table.

This is old news. Shake and rock my world to make me say "OMG Gworld you are the God of all and know all".

Yes I want to spank my behind and say, you are all revealing and the top dog of all revealing. That I know you are saying truth cause of your credentials. But you sound as wacked as I do if not more.

Have you served in a war personally? No when I ssy you personally, I mean personally. Have you ran for office? Have you ever been in a political office? Have you seen and heard all from being in these offices? Than what what it comes down to is a stoners half backed ideas of theory as much as mine. Other than knowing what my relatives have been through.

My stepfather in the ViZetnam war during the TET offense.
    My father in law who was a Colonel in the SVA and the US special forces.
    My aunt, 4 uncles and biological father who served in the Air Force 8 years + during the Vietnam war.
    My grandfather who flew in the Europeans bombings during WWII
    An uncle who served in at the bay of pigs, vietnam war and as body guard to President John F Kennedy. Who choose at the age of 67 to drive convoys through Pakistan and Afghastan.
    2 bbrothers who severd through the Gulf war and all the wars afterwords.

They are all devout and loyal and say they would serve their country again regardless of people like you say,

When you run for a potical office or have served at all in any armed forces I will look twice at you with more respect. Otherwise your just anothe US citizen ranting about things you disagree with and not necessarily knowing all the truth,

lpstong, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  12. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like your father in law was just bull shitting you. May be you should ask him how much of what they got from USA was sold in black market to NVA and where is the money now? :rolleyes:

Part of the lesson that we never learned from Vietnam was that we can not just pick up every common thief from street and make them president. A gang of crooks and criminals will always be a gang of crooks and criminals, no matter how many title you give them. :rolleyes:

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  13. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What it comes down it, is like I said, You are a man who lacks in experience. As much as you want to air out. You are not in any politcial postion or a military post, past or present. Yet I see you as just spammer/yammer on

Make me spank my behind and say your my daddy of know all, You cant. Not even in in personal experience as a soldier. At any moment, no degrees or political positions. So it makes me really wonder where your position comes from. Not anymore that someone who just reads all the tabloids,

Until I see you have some substantial resume, whether it be personal accounts or political postion beyond high school class president. I will so spank my behind and call you all of Greek Gods, Other than that, I just see your ranting and references like a tabloid magazine.

Gworld you are just a Tabloid Magazine, Create smoke just to get attention, But once its gone there is nothing there to investigate.

Please of anything Gworld run for office, Work your way up and get your eyes opened to the world of politics, It will do you a world of good and a possible supporter from me. When proof appears to be more substantial I will be more open to your insights.

As Much as you are as interested in politics, why have you never got involved in politcs to get and or receive more insight?

lpstong, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. What political position do you have? Should we listen to you because your father in law was a secretary to a crook and drug smuggler and most likely owns couple of laundry mat now from the money earned in black market? :rolleyes:

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  15. Frenkie

Frenkie Banned

Best Answers:
    What you people forget is, if any WMD's were found in Iraq, they were all given to them by America during the Iran-Iraq war to blow Iran back into the stone age.

Frenkie, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  16. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Wrong, Majority of deadly weapons were provided to Iraq by former Soviet Union, like Scud missiles.

US provided only 0.5% of total Iraq's arsenal between 1973 to 1990.

here is the list of suppliers

Later Saddam was trying to get all the weapon developed in his own country from smuggled/stolen technology/materials.
    He abused UN proposed 'oil for food' program to raise the money for his single goal. i.e. regain the control over middle east.

Get your facts straight dude. Do not create things in your mind.

The Webmaster, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  17. Frenkie

Frenkie Banned

Best Answers:
    h**p://ratical.com/ratville/CAH/USmadeIraq.html

Frenkie, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  18. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    I don't take nobody's assumptions over actual facts.

Are you still insisting that US provided them WMDs.?

The Webmaster, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  19. Frenkie

Frenkie Banned

Best Answers:
    Wikipedia is just as much credible as my source, as Wikipedia is edited by people just like you and me, also so just like the site I provided.

Are you denieing that the USA provided any WMD's? Because they did, even if the soviet union also provided them with some, so did America, Biological weapons.

Frenkie, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  20. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry Sergent Potato Peeler, so you insist that almost 60,000 Americans have to die before you can compare Iraq to Vietnam? I guess it's easy to be brave when the most dangerous weapon you're likely to meet in your military service is a a rather dangerous looking egg whisk.

Anyone with hald a brain can draw many parallels between Iraq and Vietnam and see that Vietnam 2.0 is destined to go the same way as the original conflict.

Guerrilla war - Check
    Difficult terrain that insurgents know better and use to their advantage - Check
    Enemy able to pick and choose it's battles and battle strength - Check
    Clouded distinction between combatants and non-combatants - Check
    Refusal of media to accept casulty figures - Check
    Public approval turning against the war - Check

Casualty figures themselves are academic, far more relevant is the US publics perception of those figures and their refusal to accept them. With recent approval fugures for the war at an all time low it's sad to say (but it's true) that it's the public perception of the war rather than the dead soldiers themselves that will force us to withdraw.

LMFAO :D:D:D So bush just 'lets it slide' that nobody believe that WMDs were found in Iraq.

I'd suggest that,

Is more of an admission of not finding any evidence rather than 'just letting it slide' which quite frankly is a rediculous thing to claim. Why would a politician 'let something slide' unless a)it were true, b) they were a moron :rolleyes:

Perhaps we should look aat some other sources,

So despite Bush, The UN, the UK and the security services all making public statements that they were wrong and no WMDs have been found, Sergent Potato Peeler still insisits that because were found some bleach that Iraq was a major threat to the security of the west!

I have nothing but the highest respect for soldiers that actually fight. The cissy boys that stay behind as cheerleaders and always seem to be the fisrt ones who call for action, well they're another matter.

MattUK, Jul 19, 2007 IP