1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad day for AC, AGS, and Gworld...

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by d16man, Jul 18, 2007.

1. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    You would a very arrogant kind of soldier if you feel comparing NCC with army is a disgraced. It is a disgrace when someone compares AQ with army (Some people do that on this very forum).

Funny because When I was in NCC we were given speeches by honorable army personnels where they were really happy to tell us that NCC was built to make civilian soldiers to serve the country whenever it calls for. They always compared a cadet to a soldier and NCC to army asking us to keep that high value of nationalism always.
    So what I believe that I'm no less than a soldier as far as nationalism is concern. I'd sacrifice my life anytime my country needs it.

Talking of ultimate sacrifice, I think you are disgracing not only NCC but every person who is ready to sacrifice his/her life while serving country by assuming only soldiers are ready for ultimate sacrifice.

Even more funny, Where I cant stand anyone humiliating soldiers by calling an ex-sergeant an ex-corporal as if it was an insult or saying peeling potatos (or any other job than combating for that matter) in army is an insulting job, that too when I'm not even remotely associated to that country or that army. I never saw your blood getting hot on those statements?

do I sense double standard?
    Being in NCC taught me to respect soldiers regardless of their Nation, status or Rank. Do you have the same respect?

The Webmaster, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  2. WebdevHowto

WebdevHowto Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't say it for myself, I am no longer in the military. I say it for the men and women who are out there dieing everyday. I don't think they should be compared to the NCC and I stand by that.

I do thinking serving in the NCC is honorable and it is great that you have done so.

I didn't get "hot" about it but I asked for clarification. I find it offensive but obviously the two people involved have been calling each other names for a while and it is not my place to step in.

WebdevHowto, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  3. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    And why exactly you think so?
    Other than the "Ultimate Sacrifice". Because let the cadets alone, many Civilians will/do sacrifice their lives in order to serve the country whenever needed.

4. WebdevHowto

WebdevHowto Peon

Best Answers:
    I have nothing against the cadets and I am sure there are many civilians that "will/do" sacrifice their lives to serve their country.

You can call it a personal bias and maybe it is, but if you took my statement to belittle your service or those that serve in capicities outside the military then I think there is a misunderstanding.

It was only the comparison I took issue with as I don't think there is one.

5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is part of military culture. You learn to be proud of your branch of service. It is like the sentence from George Orwell book, the animal farm:

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal. ;)

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  6. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Dont give me your Military culture crap Gworld.
    3 people in my family(2 of my cousin brothers and their father) are serving in Military. My best friend is in Air force. So I know a lot about Military culture, thank you very much.

7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My brother is a M.D. and my father was a M.D. but I never attempt to prescribe medicine to patients. :rolleyes:

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  8. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Perhaps there is no need for you to prescribe to others, but rather be prescribed to.

GTech, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are so funny. It is just so funny to make fun of the queen of cheer leaders. Please continue, still laughing at you. :D:D:D

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  10. GTech

Best Answers:
    Thank you! It's not often you say a kind word about the US, Israel, Christians, Jews, Soldiers (unless they serve your agenda) or dmoz. In fact, I believe this is the first kind thing you've said about "ignorant Americans" that I can ever recall.

I accept your kind comment with a modicum of gratitude.

GTech, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Poor poor queen of cheer leading group who is upset with people being disrespectful to him in front of his sissy cheer leaders group. I am not disrespectful to you, I am actually thankful that you post. After all how many people can say that they have their won personal clown. Please don't be upset and keep us laughing. Still laughing at you. :D:D:D

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  12. GTech

Best Answers:
    I'm not aware of anyone who would voluntarily share on an open forum that they have "won personal clown."

Is that like Chinese crotch crickets? I remember a while back you openly admitted that you had to pay for sex with prostitutes. I cannot stress how important is to put a helmet on your little soldier when you go out on a paid date ;)

GTech, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did you get fired from Burger king again? Are you looking for a job? Do you have any experience on putting helmet on people's little soldiers?

Please continue, still laughing at you. :D:D:D

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  14. GTech

Best Answers:
    Never worked at a BK before. Their burgers give me heartburn.

Is that what happened? You decided to splurge (no pun intended) for your paid date and took him/her/himher to Burger King and caught a case of the crotch crickets?

You should get your brother to write you a prescription for some anti-biotics. You just can't be too careful these days ;)

GTech, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, it is the same type of job as your previous jobs, you will learn it in no time. If all fails, I can always hire you for putting helmet on my soldier.

Please continue, still laughing at you. :D:D:D

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  16. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Neither did I try to tell you about Medico culture. :rolleyes:

So keep your crap limited to politics and religion..

17. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My father in law who was a colonel in the SVA (and worked with the US special forces and was a personal secretary for President Diem) had said the US had a right to be there. If only if the US had given the SVA what they requested than the war would have not been so severe.

As far as many of the older generation of Vietnamese who fled before the boat people and majority of boat people do not feel that the war was a loss. They are sick and tired of people like the former US President Bill Clinton trying to open trade relations with Vietnam considering their known human rights violations, help with the US POWs and those Vietnamese that helped with the US during the war. It took over 20 years for the Vietnamese government to let my cousin in law out of a POW camp for helping the US. He is old and crippled in every way.

People have no depth of what really happens when it comes to conflicts or wars as such like Vietnam and Iraq. And by no means the two are the same.

BTW - the middle east has always had wars and will always have wars linked to religion as where vietnamese never did. The viet cong never retailated in the name of Jihad or Ali. Totally two seperate things entirely.

One is a matter of control over an entire area and control of religion(middle east) and getting Imperalists or other denominations our of their government(Videtnam - kicking out the Japenese, Chinese, Dutch, French and more)

By in no means the middle east situation and Vietnam can never be compared.

lpstong, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  18. WebdevHowto

WebdevHowto Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with so many points in your posts but I do have to disagree when it comes to comparing the "wars" in Iraq and Vietnam.

I think that in Vietnam and in Iraq, there were/are no easily definable frontlines. In both cases the enemy is using guerilla warfare.

There are some major differences in terms of the poeple, religion, and politics but the way the war is being fought in Iraq and the way they "enemy" is responding do show some comparable similarities in my opinion to Vietnam. Enough so that we can and should use some of the hard lessons learned in Vietnam.

19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously you know as little about military culture as you know about Medico culture. :rolleyes:

You have to be in the military to know what I am talking about, being a friend of a friend who knows an officer doesn't count. ;)

gworld, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  20. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everyday is a bad day for people in war and what we do is we sit behind our computers , have a drink and snacks and argue.

zangief, Jul 18, 2007 IP