1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad Credit Card error

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by geekyghost, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello,

We have been using OG ISP for many years, on various different systems, and our experience has been good. A few days ago however, we started getting a Bad Credit Card error in the Billing Info for almost all clients with CC entries. However this error only shows when opening the database files on Mac 10.4.8 with a workstation-runtime installation. Versions are OG 3.38 and CCAuthorize 3.4.6 When we open the same database files on another system (Windows with FMP 5.5 installed) there is no bad CC error.

What is causing this error? :confused:
    Credit card payments are processing OK, but without being able to verify a CC number the chances of failed processing and unintentional suspensions are greatly increased!

Thank you.

geekyghost, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well it wouldn't have anything to do with CCAuthorize. The only thing is does is a checksum check which are based on some math functions. But I just checked a Mac OS X 10.4.8 machine and it seems to be working fine there. What hardware (CPU, etc.) is that machine running?

digitalpoint, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  3. geekyghost

geekyghost Peon

Best Answers:
    The machine is an Intel IMac 20 inch (2 Ghz duo core processor with 2 GB RAM). Regardless, this problem just started happening for no apparent reason...it was working fine on this system, so it is not clear what could be causing the problem. We've tried everything including re-install of Optigold, restoring database files from a date before when the problem started, etc. The problem persists, but only on this machine. It appears that the function itself has broken somehow.
    Does the algorithm used to check the CC numbers depend on a specific version of something?
    BTW, the delay in responding is because we did not receive an email notice that you had posted a reply, even though our profile is set to do this. Does this feature work?
    Thanks again.

geekyghost, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's working on everything I test (including an Intel Mac)... there is nothing that needs to be installed for it to work... the algorithm uses is just normal math functions.

Do you have a 2nd Intel Mac you could test it with by chance? It's going to be near impossible to fix I'm thinking if we aren't able to replicate it somehow.

Did you try upgrading (even if it was from/to the same version)? That would flush the data out of the existing copy and into a known good/clean set of data files. That would be my first suggestion if you haven't done that already.

digitalpoint, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  5. kirby009

kirby009 Peon

Best Answers:
    no upgrading works.

kirby009, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  6. Univ

Univ Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the problem is actually related to your credit card? I had similar problems in the past, but not related to OG ISP. Maybe you should try your credit card and/or PC also on something else to see if the problem is actually OG ISP-related?

Univ, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  7. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Active Member

Best Answers:
    ahem!
    did you just bump a year ol' tread' lol :D

Grim_Reaper, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Perhaps, but if there was no answer to the thread, then making a useful bump is not a bad thing....

Mia, Nov 26, 2007 IP
  9. mendi

mendi Peon

Best Answers:
    hello i am having problem with the billing system i use, so i want to confirm the authorisation of purcahses made on my site manually.does anyone know how i can get authorisation on credit card purchase on my site manually hope to hear from you guys thank you

mendi, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  10. tokmik

tokmik Peon

Best Answers:
    It will be removed seven years from the date that it occurred. If you check your credit report then it will tell you the month and year that it will be removed.
    merchantaccountsllc.com

tokmik, Feb 9, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.