1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backup Withholding Question "HELP NEEDED"

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by rick sample, Jun 19, 2005.

I've posted this on dozens of forums and I can't seem to find the right answer, so this is my last stop ;)

Anywase, their is a checkbox in googles tax info that says "Exempt from backup withholding"

This is my first month using the program, and I am providing them with my TIN and SSN as well.

If I don't check the box and I tell them I am not exempt, would they just take out a ceratin % of each one of my monthly checks? Then at the end of the year, I would record the income I have gained, but I wouldn't get taxed?

If I do check it and say I am exempt, would I just record all income at the very end of the year then they would tax me then and wouldn't take out a montly percentage?

I'm hoping that I can go with the 1st one, I would hate at the end of the year having to pay thousands of dollars for taxes.

Please Advise, thanks! ;)

rick sample, Jun 19, 2005 IP
  2. cornelius

cornelius Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont need to pay any tax on adsense :) its only people in us and canada have to pay

cornelius, Jun 19, 2005 IP
  3. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Cornelius, as far as I know you're supposed to declare all untaxed income in every country - the relevant tax authorities then decide whether or not you need to pay tax on it.

jlawrence, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you'll get shafted if you don't declare the income.

SEbasic, Jun 20, 2005 IP