1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backup mysql to cloud

Discussion in 'PHP' started by RealDecoy, Nov 22, 2015.

I'm looking for a script to backup my mysql databases to either OneDrive or Google Drive. Has anyone come across something like this?

I know services like mover.io will do it, but it will be $20/mo. I'd rather pay a one off fee if I need to.

I know there's some function to backup my database to a file on the server, so really all I need is a script to back up that file to the cloud. Then I can do a weekly cron job.

RealDecoy, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  2. Ivan S

Ivan S Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using UpdraftPlus. It is WordPress plugin. Don't know you need for wp or some other CMS.
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/7-best-wordpress-backup-plugins-compared-pros-and-cons/

Ivan S, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I use sqlyog daily and it backs up to my harddrive but could easily save it to a onedrive/google drive folder. All automated. Emails me if there is a problem.
    It costs, but affordable.

sarahk, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  4. RealDecoy

RealDecoy Peon

Best Answers:
    My sites run on WP, zencart and mybb. Updraft Plus looks great for WP, but it looks like the best solution for zencart and mybb is to keep a local copy of the files (which is easy because they don't change often) and upload the database dumps to cloud storage (somehow).

sqlyog looks like software I would install? I'm trying to automate the backups and avoid having anything needing to go through me or my PC. The database is on my remote webhost.

5. Ivan S

Ivan S Member

Best Answers:
    UpdraftPlus won't do automatic schedules unles you pay for premium. However free version gives you many options for backup with a few clicks. Once you can do full backup and later on just keep database backups.

Ivan S, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  6. RealDecoy

RealDecoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, UpdraftPlus still isn't going to work for me, seeing as how I have other types of databases besides WP.