1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlinks to Homepage or to Blog posts

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Techxat, May 10, 2015.

Hi DigitalPoint Users
    I want to know if I should make all backlinks to Homepage or to Blog Posts Which is greater for SEO and How Much DoFollow Backlinks is enough for a day I don't want my site to be penalized from GOOGLE.

Techxat, May 10, 2015 IP
  2. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Put backlinks to the page you want to rank. Usually the inner pages etc. so if you have a keyword "dog training" and you have an article about dog training that you want to rank then build backlinks to that

Franklin Hatchett, May 10, 2015 IP
  3. kashifmahmood

kashifmahmood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is also advised to build backlinks to internal pages like blog posts, pages etc.

How many backlinks in a day?

This depends on several factors. If you have an established site and build backlinks on regular basis then this question does not hold much value.

While on the other hand if you do not build backlinks on regular basis then it is recommended to start slow. Get a dozen or two backlinks each day for few weeks. Then when you start seeking some improvements in rankings, you can increase the quantity of links built daily.

kashifmahmood, May 16, 2015 IP
  4. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should mix it up really. Obviously you want most backlinks going to the pages you are wanting to rank, but this should include both the homepage and inner-pages as well..

FPForum, May 19, 2015 IP
  5. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    in my opinion, inner pages are more important than the homepage. Because the topics are very accurate, it's easier to rank and you can receive comments as well that add a lot of value to the page.

6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are no required amount of backlinks to build whether if it is no follow or do follow links. Focus on your targeted audience rather than on backlinks then quality links will follow.

KylieSweet, May 21, 2015 IP
  7. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it a new site? Then I'd avoid any backlinks to the homepage for now. I'd link to blog posts using keywords AND just normal "here" or "click here" stuff. Whatever you do, make it look natural OR at least not spammy. Once I had inner pages ranking with links etc only then would I start linking to the home page and I'd still be VERY careful about how many I built.

creztor, May 21, 2015 IP
  8. MalikMati

MalikMati Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should link to both Home page and inner pages. Initially link to blog posts as these links will rank your post high in search result and you will start getting some traffic.

In my opinion DoFollow or NoFollow doesn't matter much. You should start creating few links each day as you site become establish you can create as many links but make sure not to spam. Whatever you do make it look natural.

MalikMati, May 24, 2015 IP
  9. laurentsabbah

laurentsabbah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The trick is to mix it up, in both scenarios. Do not do it systematically, like you are suggesting, for example only to homepage or only to inner-pages, and an exact number of links per day. That is terribly wrong. What people don't seem to understand about Google and SEO is that Google wants sites that are natural and organic. There's nothing natural or organic in having the same amount of new links every day and to exactly either the homepage or inner-pages.

Do not work with a formula! SEO is an art, just go with the flow. Some days link a lot, some days link a little, some days do not link at all. Sometimes to the homepage, sometimes to inner-pages. Sometimes use anchor text, sometimes don't. Sometimes use generic anchor text like "website" "blog" "official site" "homepage" "http://yourdomain.com" and so on, that is what looks natural, that is what Google trusts.

A formula will get you nowhere, and if it does, it won't last long.

I haven't done any SEO at all for our website localization startup Bablic.com - yet it's ranking pretty well on Google. That's because it is being naturally built, the way it's supposed to be.

laurentsabbah, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  10. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Like others above me have said, start slow, keep it natural, build links to all/most pages and whatever you do, DO NOT buy those cheap SEO gigs on fiverr and elsewhere where you get 100 or 1,000 links for $5. If you must, don't direct them to your blog, but to some quality link that you have built to your blog.

syda, Jun 10, 2015 IP
  11. amritjana

amritjana Banned

Best Answers:
    Do not need to think how many post or back link have to do daily. Concentrate on quality not in quantity then you get the result.

amritjana, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  12. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about having a combination of both. Only link to a specific post or page if it's where the user would want to go, keep it natural.

cronik, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  13. Shiren Massy

Shiren Massy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As per me. inner pages are more important then home page. bcz all the content are there. so you should also focus on inner pages backlinks

Shiren Massy, Jun 12, 2015 IP
  14. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Always to your actual content. Real people do not generally link to root domains, they link to relevant content they want to share. And they don't mostly use keyword link anchor text!

thefandango, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  15. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Before doing something, Just think for 2-3 minutes on what will look like natural. For example-- If you wrote a high quality post, then you can spread it on social network sites, then see how people are taking it. If you got good response then go ahead and make more links to that post quickly, and if response is slow then make nil to few links.

Natural behavior of people is to give link from blog posts (not on home page). So, go with the natural look a like things. Good luck.

Mr_Kumar, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  16. Kelly Richardson

Kelly Richardson Member

Best Answers:
    Try to mimic content marketing in order to get links looked like natural. On forums you can start a thread disscussion providing few links as sources one of which feature your blog post, commenting at blogs also do this when discusse and providing some proofs with your link mixed in text. You should forget about "anchor", "relevant content", niche and other stuff. The best and easiest way is to build link which people would use to get to your site. Considering how google chrome browser spread and how many information it do leak to google, I'm sure that by this google knows which links are used as it should and which links are for seo.
    Yeah, it is hard, it is timeconsuming but in long run you will get loved by google because you just as he wants.

Kelly Richardson, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  17. Kamrul Manna

Kamrul Manna Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know the story of rabbit and tortoise. The rabbit runs fast but can not reach its destination. On the other hand, the tortoise runs slowly and reaches to destination.
    So do not try to get something too fast. You can fail like the rabbit. Try to build your link nicely and slowly in a systematic way. It will help you to get targeted traffic, good ranking and more money(!).

Kamrul Manna, Jul 5, 2015 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  18. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I like it, awesome example. Thumbs up.

Mr_Kumar, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  19. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Speed has nothing to do with link development.

Google cares about Quality over Quantity.

You can build 1,000 awesome backlinks in one day and get good benefits.

However, build even one bad backlink and you will get negative benefits.

Matthew Sayle, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  20. Kamrul Manna

Kamrul Manna Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I mentioned this story, cause I know its importance in my own life :)

Kamrul Manna, Jul 5, 2015 IP