1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlinks... a lot of rubbish

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Buckyuk, Oct 16, 2008.

I started 2 sites at the same time, 1 simply forwards to another site. The other i made myself, and worked constant at building links for it.

Now the 1 that is simply forwarded to another site, with 100 links, is higher up the serps than the one i built 800 backilnks to.

I dont think ill give up my day job.

Buckyuk, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  2. shabbirbhimani

shabbirbhimani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not all about numbers but quality ( relevance )

shabbirbhimani, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  3. Lasvegaspi

Lasvegaspi Peon

Best Answers:

Keep the test going 6 months or a year and report back.
    Link building is a long term plan.

Lasvegaspi, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  4. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Well dude. It sounds like you have your forwarding fouled up. If you have links to the domain that is being forwarded, then those links should transfer over to the domain with the actual content. If you are portraying, or masking the domain that is being forwarded, then you have duplicate content -- and one of the sites will take a hit (they both cannot occupy the same space in the SERPs).

How long ago did you set up the forwarding, and how did you do it?

Dodger, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  5. Buckyuk

Buckyuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    sorry mate im not sure if ive explained myself properly, The domain that im forwarding to, is to my affiliate link.. so its www dot XYZ dot com / username.
    and ive set up a domain with a more user friendly domain name to forward to it, ive just set it up in my domain control panel by web forwarding.

The other site is one that ive made up myself which has got content about the product, which is the one ive been tryin to promote and create backlinks.

Its not one domain name being forwarded to my other site. Hope ive cleared it up and not just confused the matter hehe.

Could it just be simply that my affiliate link has better content than my site, in which case, The better content is out performing my other site with the 800 links in the serps

Buckyuk, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  6. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Y not just share both domains here?

vjlenin, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  7. Buckyuk

Buckyuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.ultimatesyndicate.co.uk is the one forwarding to my elottery affiliate sign up.

And http://www.planetlotto.co.uk Is the site ive made up. I know the content is poor, and im gona completely redo it.

But i still thought this one would rank higher with 800 back links, than my forwarding domain with about 180 back links.

For the same keywords ive been targeting "lottery syndicate"

My planet lotto one was doing well until all of a sudden it just dissapeared off the serps.

Buckyuk, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  8. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    That's quite an achievement, I take it that wasn't your desired result:rolleyes:

newsniche, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  9. Buckyuk

Buckyuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had managed to get my planet lotto site up to the 3rd page on yahoo, for my keywords. Then for no reason, Just dissapeared all together. Hopefully its somethin thats jst temporary, Otherwise, The theory of building links to gain serps is right out the window!?!?

Buckyuk, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  10. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    What I noticed is that the UltimateSyndicate is a masked forward using a frame. There is actually one page of content for that domain, and one frame link on that page which goes to the vwd affiliate page. That affiliate page is number one in Yahoo, btw.

Wierd that you can even get that page to rank at all, since there is no content on it. It is basically a parked page.

I am not seeing the advantage of linking to that type of page in the first place. You should be linking to PlanetLotto, and linking to the UltSynd site from PlanetLotto (with a Nofollow). Also put a NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW in the Meta Robots head tag on the UltSynd site.

Dodger, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  11. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep like said above now it is all about relevant links and quality/authority links not just the number of links.

primeelite, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  12. traffichero

traffichero Peon

Best Answers:
    very true... the winning strategy

traffichero, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  13. whirlybird20

whirlybird20 Guest

Best Answers:
    Is the other ranking higher for different keywords? Backlinks are important. There is no other way for search engines to rate the quality of a website.

whirlybird20, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  14. ceweqsakti

ceweqsakti Banned

Best Answers:
    quality is better than quantity
    this is backlink

ceweqsakti, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  15. richromo

richromo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been obtaining backlinks to my site in earnest for about one year. Before that the linking was fairly dormant for a number of years so guess what, my site was nowhere to be found on virtually all competitive keywords while I ranked well on keywords rarely used.

It has taken about a year but I am now ranking well on some very competitive keywords. So what! I don't expect to stay near the top on any of these keywords without continuing to regularly add quality, relevant back links. Never again will I ignore back linking. It works. My site is proof of it and it takes a good while 9-12 months in my case, more or less in others I suppose. IMO these gains are momentary especially when My competition is continually adding links themselves. No rest for the weary or the wicked! Wax on, Wax off!

richromo, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  16. whatevz

whatevz Banned

Best Answers:
    The site with 100 links may have higher quality backlinks than the 800 site one.

whatevz, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  17. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe the other site has 100 quality back links with good anchor text that would make it rank better

zurpit.com, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  18. Buckyuk

Buckyuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    no the site with 100 backlinks are only from this forum and a couple of other forums.
    The other one has over 50 pr4, pr5 and pr6 links.

Dodger... thats exactly what im doing, im not tryin to build links to my ultimate syndicate forwarding domain, im building them to my planet lotto site, and then from there link to my ultimatesyndicate site. Thats my whole point. Thats what im doing yet ultimate syndicate ranks higher.

Buckyuk, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  19. AndresS

AndresS Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe your other site got penalized somehow.

AndresS, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  20. itcn

itcn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your links again at linkdiagnosis.com. You don't have 50 PR4, PR5, and PR6 links to planetlotto.co.uk - you only have 1 PR5 and 1 PR3 link, and they come from pages with so many links on them that they have almost no value.

While it's true that your domain ultimatesyndicate.co.uk has even less and weaker links coming to it, it's not being linked from a directory farm.

It's very probable that because links to planetlotto.co.uk are coming from link farms (like topadd100.com), you have been penalized as being part of a "bad neightborhood". Instead try getting real links from real reputable and relevant sites - not spam sites and directories. Google HATES directory link farms.

itcn, Oct 17, 2008 IP