1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlink Noob questions!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by paala, Oct 19, 2011.

1. A backlink is a hiperlink from any webpage. Like this: http://www.top100flashgames.com(here should be the link, but i'm not allowed to use it) ?
    2. A backlink with anchor text with keywords desired online games(here should be the link) will have better seo effect for the desired keywords?
    3 If I hide backlinks .(inside the . shoul be the link) like this what are the effects, good or bad?
    4. Posting here in the forum is the same as having a link in the frontpage at digitalpoint.com regarding seo ?
    5 what is nofollow?
    Thank
    you for your time!

paala, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  2. RunningRunners

RunningRunners Peon

Best Answers:
    I will give a go at your questions
    1. Yes a backlink is a link to your site
    2. Anchor text like Flash Games would be much better seo effect. It would not actually show your site name, instead when the user clicked Flash games it would take them to your site. Obviously a keyword like flash games would be extremely hard to get to the top because of competition.
    3. I am not sure what you are saying in this question.
    4. No, it would not have anywhere near the effect as appearing on the front page. The front page has alot of link value and pagerank. All of the backlinks from other sites are going to point to the main page. On the forum page it is just one of thousands of pages and obviously the pagerank is much lower.
    5. No follow is a more recent innovation of google. When the user sets up a link with the no follow tag it means none of the "link juice" goes to the site it is linking to. So if you have backlinks from sites that list your link as no follow you will not receive a higher page rank. So you want to make sure that the links are not no follow.

RunningRunners, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  3. beongo02

beongo02 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    great answer! Thanks so much

beongo02, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  4. Pet Coffin

Pet Coffin Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that back link is the most important factor of being ranked on the first page of Google serach

Pet Coffin, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  5. paala

paala Peon

Best Answers:
    3. backlink with anchor text "." a dot!
    Thanks for info!

paala, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  6. wtg

wtg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    #3. backlinks an anchor text as . or :) is same as a backlink with your name when you comment on a blog. Does not contain much value as google is smart enough to catch these practices however backlinks are backlinks,the count increases with each link you get whether with anchor text or not (Whether that count increase will count higher for ranking or not that's something google decides. )

wtg, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  7. shanmarsh1

shanmarsh1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some noob question , Please Help! Hello, im new to IM and SEO, ... Also, If you have chance to get backlinks from PR4+ web page go for it,

shanmarsh1, Oct 20, 2011 IP