1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlink Confusion

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Elintus, Jan 19, 2018.

Hi, I recently created a new blog, and have been running into some issues when it comes to backlinking and I really don't think I'm doing it right.

As of right now pretty much every site I join, group I post, comment i make on topics relating to my site, I make sure to add my link somewhere, making sure it's a clickable link.

But when I go to do a backlink check. it says I have zero.

So I'm kind confused about this.

the sites I hang out a lot on are Quora, fb groups, different relevant forums , forbes, webmd, and a few others.

Pointers would be deeply appreciated.

Elintus, Jan 19, 2018 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There may be a number of reasons. If you post your link in a forum it may not be allowed, so is removed. FB doesn't count for a backlink, as much of it needs a userid/pass. It also can take a while for the backlinks to show up as backlinks. However, you may get some traffic from your sharing the links. Quora would count, but it's nofollow, so in that sense it does not.

The better ways to get backlinks are to create really compelling content on your site. If it generates enough of a buzz then you may notice backlinks as people refer to it. Some of the content might be considered linkbait, which is not a bad thing. People also guest post. Reach out to other bloggers in your niche and see if you could guest post on their site. You can sometimes get a backlink. Be careful though, some guest posting opportunities can be bad, such as any site that only sells guest posts. You can look at their blog posts and if every one has one or two backlinks then it may be considered spammy by Google. Another type of linkbuilding is looking for broken links. Usually people would use a tool such as Scrapebox to crawl sites as it looks for broken links.

Like many things in life, everything in moderation. Don't do too much of anything. Definitely don't buy services on Fiverr to "create thousands of backlinks", as they are using automated software to create spammy backlinks. It can come back to bite you down the road, as Google does not like that at all.

Instead of focusing on linkbuilding, make sure your site is optimized. What blog platform are you using?

usasportstraining, Jan 19, 2018 IP
  3. Elintus

Elintus Active Member

Best Answers:
    as of right now I'm building 2 main sites. one site is a type of social network site. I'm still working on that one so i haven't been to focused on backlinks yet n34th(dot)jdevcloud(dot)com . The other is through Shopify n34th(dot)com. I'm just using it for the blog feature for right now. then plan on adding products to it as I learn.

***my apologies for the links, since I just joined and can't add them yet***

With optimizing, I'm kind of confused with that. From what I understand about that it's just making sure the page speed is good, along with the css and javascript being minimized and making sure it's mobile friendly.

What I've been doing with the content aspect is putting together a rough draft, then use keyword research tools to find the best long tail keywords to slip in the content.

I know content is the most important thing when it comes to traffic and getting backlinks, but since I've been doing everything myself and have yet to get solid feed back on what I need to do improve. I keep making the same mistakes over and over.

As for not using fiverr. I know to stay far away from the services on there.

Elintus, Jan 20, 2018 IP