1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Back links update

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Zinho, Dec 12, 2004.

Greetings
    I was wondering when will Google update back links. I understand that PR are updated rarely but backlinks are vital for the ad network.
    I've been using the network for a 10 days but my backlinks number is till the same. How much time must I wait for Google to update them?
    I'm spending a lot of time to gather links outside the network too and I would like to see the result of my work.
    Thanks in advance

Zinho, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  2. michal

michal Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody knows when Google will do an update, the last one wasn't that long ago.

Try to do a link:www.yourdomain.com query on beta.search.msn.com

They seem to be updating daily and show a lot of links. You can also specify -site:www.yourdomain.com to get only outside links to show.

michal, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  3. ramsus

ramsus Peon

Best Answers:
    The links should go into effect even though the link count stays the same, doesn't it?

ramsus, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    yes, ramsus.

it'll take a LOT longer than 10 days for google to show your links (although they'll count in the serps before that). I suggest using the msn beta to check before then..

disgust, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  5. Zinho

Zinho Peon

Best Answers:
    My question is if they count also for the network or not. I think not, as the coop relies on the back links google sees. Anyway it is good to hear that at least they count for the serp

Zinho, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  6. michal

michal Peon

Best Answers:
    My understanding was that it relies on the site: command and not the link: command. :confused:

michal, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  7. Zinho

Zinho Peon

Best Answers:
    Site: command is for total crawled internal pages and not for back links....
    Another doubt of mine is: Is the number of pages one shows ads on equal to the my site pages google is aware of?
    I have few physical pages because I have search pages which generate varying contents. If I show the ads on my search.asp page and Google is aware of pages like search.asp?id=23 and search.asp?id=24, Do the ad network count them as 1 page or 2?
    Thanks

Zinho, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  8. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    they'd be count as two (or three, or four, etc...) if google actually has that url in the index. if it has search.asp?id=23 in the index, that's the page. if it has 500 of those in the index, then that's 500 pages.

regarding the google backlinks:

google VERY rarely updates their backlinks (and when they do they aren't consistant)... they count internally as backlinks, we're sure of that, because we can see it in the search results long long before an update :)

disgust, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  9. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Correct, which is why it is the site: command that calculates your weight. Weight is based on the number of pages that exist according to Google. The link: command only tells you how much you may have benefited FROM that weight.
    If Google sees two pages, you get the weight of two pages

yfs1, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  10. michal

michal Peon

Best Answers:
    Absoultely so, but from what I understand the weight is dependent on how any of your pages Google is aware of.
    I guess it is 1 page. It's teh same thing with most forums. Urls are dynamic and when the parameter changes it is considered as a new page and as long as it is indexed by Google it is a different page.

That's just what I think as far as the Coop network goes, since I just signed up for it myself.

michal, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  11. Zinho

Zinho Peon

Best Answers:
    So a consequent question is: If I have a database with thousands of items and a search page that connects to it, How can I make Google index them???
    In theory I should have thousands of pages indexed but I have not even 1% of them. I can imagine one solution would be other sites linking to a certain search.asp?id=xxx so that that search.asp?id=xxx page would be indexed.
    Any other suggestions?

Zinho, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  12. michal

michal Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be the way to do it. Withou links pointing to a page, you won't get indexed.

michal, Dec 12, 2004 IP