1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Back links in 2015

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ryan624, Sep 22, 2015.

hi guys!

So I'm new here, but my financial blog is about 3 years old. I rank for a lot of keywords, but not high enough to see traffic. I currently get around 4 organic visitors a day on ~200 daily Google impressions. I know I need back links, but where do I get them from? Is anyone willing to let me guest post on there blog? I would like for this site to at least pay for itself. I love blogging, but just 10 bucks a month would make a huge difference! http://wallstreetnewbie.com

ryan624, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  2. Alor Nishan

Alor Nishan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, you can get backlink in various ways like social bookmarking, forum posting, blog commenting and so many ways. Mut may need to follow the google web master guideline. Thanks

Alor Nishan, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  3. DianaDMendez

DianaDMendez Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the point that forum posting, social bookmarking, blog commenting will help to generate backlinks that, increase your ranking on search engine.

DianaDMendez, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  4. arnould

arnould Member

Best Answers:
    Yes social signal is very important in 2015 also look at the post i've created !!

arnould, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  5. seojesica

seojesica Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think SMO are potential including some relevant backlink through content.

seojesica, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  6. ChetanGlobalRank

ChetanGlobalRank Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link Building is now toughest task in SEO. Take time, spent some time on R & D, you will get better understanding about link building.

I would like to suggest you to read Beginners Guide to Link Building on MOZ, You will get a really good understanding of the Topic.

ChetanGlobalRank, Sep 25, 2015 IP
    Pillai.G likes this.
  7. Benedict Ford

Benedict Ford Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have a great subject, tons of potential quality content so you shouldn't have problems ranking it...
    There are loads of secondary keywords / long tail keywords you could focus on
    Improve your SEO knowledge by reading other people's experience, analyse your competitors and you'll start to feel what your website needs

Benedict Ford, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  8. ReYoN

ReYoN Member

Best Answers:
    Yes quality backlink from high authority sites helps visibility in search engines. Social engagement helps you to get visitors as well as boost your SEO rankings.

ReYoN, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As far as link building, you'll want to have a diversified link profile, so don't throw all your link-building efforts into one basket. And for all but the very top-quality ones, forget about directories!

That being said, each time I add a new page I post it (with a link, of course) on delicious.com, reddit.com, and diigo.com. Don't overdo it by posting your link on dozens of bookmarking websites. The search engines will not look kindly upon that.

Jim4767, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  10. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's a few major issues I noticed with your site very quickly.
    1. Your running AdSense without a "cookies" disclaimer notice. This will get your AdSense account banned if they notice.
    2. There's no About Us, Contact info or TOS. You'll never rank without these pages(manual review). There's a few niches Google takes serious and this is one of them. Giving financial advise brings liability so be careful and use a disclaimer to "seek advise from their own accountant/financial advisor".
    3. There's no search box on your site. Navigation is important and this will help CTR/time on site/etc.
    4. Need to shorten the last category text so it can fit along side the rest. Makes the header look funny starting a new row(too much black space).

To make some good money in this niche you'll need to do lots of keyword research for longtail phrases. You can forget about trying to rank "best stocks" the big boys will squash you. Ex. WSJ/Bloomberg/Forbes. You need to find 4-5-6 word keyword phrases that get traffic but have less competition.

Google likes Brands, so create a brand. Wall Street Newbie
    Create a profile using this Brand-"Wall Street Newbie" on social sites like FB/Twitter/G+/Pinterest/LinkedIn.
    Create some Citations
    Get 10-20 Web 2.0 properties built. Wordpress/Weebly/Tumblr/etc. Ideally you want to create a profile on all locations to protect your brands name from being used by someone else.
    Reach out through email to other smaller sites in your niche for guest blog posts.
    Buy blog posts on sites like Forbes, very expensive but also a very Authoritative link. DA-98, PA-96, TF-78, CF-61
    Use REAL social signals
    Press Releases-News sites are "trusted" and carry Authority.
    PBN links

Links from all the above sites have high Metrics, Authority and Trust.

Build as few backlinks as needed and only quality/authority links. There's basically 4 metrics to go by now. DA/PA/TF/CF
    All of these metrics can be manipulated so use as a guide only when looking at metrics.

kjh-08, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  11. Benedict Ford

Benedict Ford Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay, we shall stop feeding the spammer. Your blog is not even 2 months old, domain is slightly over 2 years old.
    And people here are trying to help you... what a jerk

Benedict Ford, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  12. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The same as the last year... Social Bookmarking sites, forums, directories, web2.0, etc. :)

patco, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  13. karnatisuman

karnatisuman Member

Best Answers:
    Not all social bookmarking sites will give back links. Check for do-follow social bookmarking and social media websites and post your website link.

karnatisuman, Sep 30, 2015 IP
  14. AmitSolanki1188

AmitSolanki1188 Member

Best Answers:
    Find Competitor's Backlinks by Some Tools like semrush, raven, moz. And than easily find that which sites are good for backlinks.

AmitSolanki1188, Sep 30, 2015 IP
  15. inter4522

inter4522 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its all about finding your competitors websites and find what backlinks that he has and get them and add more on top of that...IT will get you to the top.

inter4522, Sep 30, 2015 IP
  16. AleksandarSmith

AleksandarSmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What do you guys mean by Web 2.0.... making sites on weebly?

AleksandarSmith, Sep 30, 2015 IP
  17. naughty.jha

naughty.jha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Ryan,

Its good to hear you are a blogger, try to get back links through some free blogging plate forms and hire a seo guys who know exactly what is off page SEO, and then create some Deeplinks but in limitations.

naughty.jha, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  18. Deceneu

Deceneu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you use PBN's you can rank well in Google. But you need to build them smart, without footprints.

Deceneu, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  19. PriscillaForts

PriscillaForts Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have been blogging for three years and you are getting only 4 visitors a day, there is something not right.
    I’d suggest one thing, focus on on-site SEO. Even if you do everything that you should do on your blog, it will be more than enough and you will see significant improvement in traffic.

PriscillaForts, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  20. Seogoogle1

Seogoogle1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How you say your blog is 3 years old even your blog age is : July 24, 2013 means Exact age is 2 years 2 month and your first post in your blog August 23, 2015 Read DP Rules don't lie any thing here.

Seogoogle1, Oct 1, 2015 IP