1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

babynamesscript.com

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Digital Maze, Jan 13, 2011.

Hi peepz

this is my first post but have been reading this forum for a while.

Having googled for a review regarding "babynamescript.com" I have failed to find any info.

Im looking for a new babyname web script and this one does do everything I want it to, but I just cannot find any info about the company or the script. Even the posts on this forum date back to 2007.

Does anyoine has any knowledge of this script?

thanks in advance

David

Digital Maze Ltd

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    Digital Maze, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  2. Digital Maze

Digital Maze Peon

Best Answers:
    Well after purchasing from babynamescript.com I realised it was a mistake, and think its only fair to let others know the result.

It took some emailing to finally have the script emailed to me.

Installing babynamescript was a ball ache, the .htaccess file had all sorts of rubbish in there which caused the install to fail repeatedly. Once we had discovered the problem, it was pretty standard, created mysql and imported the database.

Once we had the site up, it was time to check its functions. One of the features of a baby name web site is to short list your chosen names, however, with this script, there was the advertised ability to do so, and a link, but the whole function is missing, so instantly the script is worthless. It was simply a dud link.

I complained and was told it would be sorted within 24hours, but that never happened. I emailed again and was told "sorry the script dose not work" you wil get a refund. So why advertise the script in the first place? They sell the script through its own web site, and is one of the only scripts out there to offer these function so it ranks on the first page of Goog's.

There is no business info on the web site, just a working demo, and all emails I received were from a gmail account. It all smells dodgy!!

Its basically a scam. I still have to wait and see if I get my money back.

Think again before purchasing this pile of rubbish from babynamescript.com

If anyone has any other script suggestions please let me know.

thx

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    Digital Maze, Jan 16, 2011 IP