1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

B2evolution or Wordpress?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by pushkar26, Mar 3, 2008.

I have two blogs, one hosted with b2evolution and other with Wordpress. B2evolution being slow has many options which looks more professional, on the other hand Wordpress is extremely easy to handle.

Can someone highlight more differences between them and which one is better.

pushkar26, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  2. thinkfast

thinkfast Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what b2evolustion???? i never hear it :D (joking)

i use WP , you know why?? cause there is a lot of free template & plugin you can choose

I LOVE WORDPRESS

thinkfast, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  3. meetbro

meetbro Banned

Best Answers:
    wordpress is the best and popular.

meetbro, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  4. jagannath_4all

jagannath_4all Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is the next best thing to sliced bread :D

_

jagannath_4all, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ive only used wordpress, well apart from blogger, i dont want to say wordpress over b2evolution as ive not tried that one yet, but i think wordpress is quite cool.

pipes, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  6. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I assume you are talking about the free blogs. I think the best in the freebies is blogger. However, if you decide to host one with your own domain and a hosting account, I say go with Word Press, it is the most popular for a reason. There are so many add on features that it makes it fun to blog.

allout, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  7. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Id say in general with blogging that if your thinking reasonable long term with it then go for hosting it yourself with your own domain, its very very cheap.

pipes, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  8. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Stick with WP for a very good reason. If one day you want to sell your site it will be better if you use WP. Anyway WP is easier to use and has more plugins, themes and a helping community.

Emperor, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  9. pushkar26

pushkar26 Member

Best Answers:
    b2evolution is also good, they too offer lot of freebies and plugins. The only thing i disliked about them is lack of popularity :). However, i had a funny incident, I had made a 301 .htaccess redirect to my domain and in b2evo they require base url to be mentioned in config.php. I do not know how but it was without www and and was working fine. Suddenly one day it didn't allowed me to login to the admin section. I posted a query and had funny replies... some told me to respect open source as i removed b2evo link from the footer, some other funny replies but no one had any solution. Finally i figured out the problem myself and rectified the base url and since everything is fine (but how I was able to login previously, is still a mystery to me).

Yes, WP is best for sure :)

pushkar26, Mar 4, 2008 IP