1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[B]DDR1 Ram 1GB[/B]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arun0203, Feb 16, 2010.

i ve only 256mb ram, i want to upgrade as 1GB DDR1 ram...... which one is best in ram product and How much ..... ?

Arun0203, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  2. Mentalhead

Mentalhead Active Member

Best Answers:
    Uh I don't know if you can find DDR1 RAM anymore. You can find 1 GB modules if you're lucky for ~30-50 USD.

Mentalhead, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  3. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DDR1 is hard to get, even I am searching for it, you are better to have 256mb ram, one of my laptop is 128mb ram and 500mhz, and it really bugs me off, its a sentimental laptop for me, so I will not dump it, I wanted to upgrade it but I am not getting them any where at the moment, all I get is suggestions to get a new laptop, damn I already have 3 at home including my 128mb ram one

but the price might be a bit high even if you get it as its rare and u have to try for second hand as first hand one is next to impossible after my search down here

masterrio, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  4. bob50963

bob50963 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is your computer custom built? If not what computer model is it? What does the ram say there should be numbers like pc2700, pc100, pc5400, ect. Giving us the full details might help us assist you better.

bob50963, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  5. smithc

smithc Guest

Best Answers:
    before going out and buying anything, you should figure out the make and model of your motherboard (then googling the specs), that will determine how much ram you can throw in it.

Next, I'd remove the stick of ram and look for identifiers on it to determine it's make/type/speed - then googling that to see where it's available and at what price.

DDR1 is going to be relatively expensive because it's rarely stocked (though probably commonly donated in systems) and you'll see if upgrading the computer makes more sense than replacing it with something new.

Hope that helps :)

smithc, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  6. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    steveb, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  7. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If you really want to keep the old machine going, it might be worth looking for an old donor computer (just for the RAM), rather than trying to find "new old stock" of DDR1.

I was looking for a specific Socket A motherboard a while ago, and very nearly bought several used computers just to pull the mobos out of them.

Kerosene, Feb 25, 2010 IP