1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AWS basic questions

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by GPS Mapper, Jun 20, 2006.

Man, I wish DP forums had FAQs!

Do you get a higher percentage via AWS than Associates? If not, what are the advantages of AWS over a content site with Associates links? Finally, how hard is it do this, using something like the Pilkster plugin? I'm a complete non-techie, but I've learned to use WP and can go in and modify templates. Do I need other skills to be able to set up AWS?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

GPS Mapper, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  2. forumposters

forumposters Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you get a higher percentage only if you they follow a product link and buy that specific product.

forumposters, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  3. GPS Mapper

GPS Mapper Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked at their FAQ, but all I could find was an out of date Associates compensation schedule, still showing the percentage increasing with the number of CE items sold.

GPS Mapper, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  4. dinodino

dinodino Peon

Best Answers:
    Original contents site with affiliate links will not be termed and penalised as 'thin affiliates' or 'duplicate content' sites, which is the thing to watch out for in pure AWS sites.

The Pilkster plugin, I beleive, is a straightfoward installation, just edit the config.php file to suit, upload it to subdirectory (amazon?) and you're all set. Install instructions are at http://pilkster.com and look thro this forum as well for additional bit and pieces of information.

All the best!

dinodino, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  5. ebliss

ebliss Peon

Best Answers:
    ebliss, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  6. GPS Mapper

GPS Mapper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone. I have a new idea for a content site, and I might give it a shot. Amazon claims that AWS converts better. I need to find the time to research all this a little more.

GPS Mapper, Jun 21, 2006 IP