1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Avoiding Auto Spam Registrations in FORUM

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by ggservices, Sep 14, 2013.

Recently I created one Forum and started facing lot of spam registration and new spam users.

I finally controlled by giving moderation through email approval from Admin Panel.

Now I am free from spam users.

ggservices, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  2. fare

fare Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, forum spam registration is the main issue faced by most forum owners. You can try enabling captcha or requiring new users to answer simple questions during registration. However, this would only reduce spam registration and not eliminate them. It require a combination of measures to successfully eliminate spammers, even so it would be difficult.

fare, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  3. MyBB Hoster

MyBB Hoster Active Member

Best Answers:
    May I ask what forum software you are using? I know MyBB has a java bot protection plugin that will stop bot registrations and help keep spam to a min. I am sure other forums software have a similar plugin.

MyBB Hoster, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  4. SarahMiller01

SarahMiller01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I really agree on that. Spams are spreading nowadays! So let us be aware on that. Have a nice a day!

SarahMiller01, Oct 16, 2013 IP