1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Avoid These 65 Slow Loading WordPress Plugins

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by ProfitLikeCrazy, Jun 3, 2020.

Which Plugin Is Slowing Down Your WordPress Website?
    SEMrush
    I’ve been using WordPress for a very long time and tested hundreds of WordPress plugins. Below is a list of slow loading plugins that will slow down your website.

Note that I have personally tested the below plugins and your experience with these plugins my differ from my personal results with the below plugins so feel free to let me know.

After getting rid of slow plugins on my blog. My blog now loads in under 2 seconds. The slow plugins like Contact Form 7 and Contextual Related Posts that I still use on my blog I use the Asset Clean Up plugin to trim the bloat and fat (unnecessary CSS/Javascript) from my site.

Hot Tip: Your website's speed and loading time will become a huge ranking factor in 2021(Google said so themselves) so be sure to get your website ready when the Google algorithm hits in 2021.

Unique/Great content will still dominate the serps though! so don't lose focus of that. It's just that Google will put heavy emphasis on the user experience and page loading times in conjunction with great content.

So just imagine having keyword rich, SEO optimized pages along with a fast website = money in the bank! Anyways back to the slow plugins... that's why you are here right?

You can see below my blog's loading time from using the GTmetrix tool along with my Google Page Speed Insight scores for both Desk top and Mobile users. (Removing bloated plugins was a huge factor.)

1. My GTmetrix Page Speed/Y Slow Scores: 99%/93% and fully load of 1.2 seconds.
    2. My Desktop Page Speed Insights Scores 100
    3. My Mobile Page Speed Insights Scores 94

Oh yes before I forget to tell you I also use the WP Rocket plugin on my blog that has also helped me achieve those fast load times and scores with my blog.

(Note: it's a premium/paid plugin no free version, but Autoptimze plugin is a great free alternative to WP Rocket if you're strapped for cash.)

List of 65 Slow Plugins I've tested...
    1. AddThis
    2. AdSense Click Fraud Monitoring
    3. All-In-One Event Calendar
    4. Backup Buddy
    5. Beaver Builder
    6. Better WordPress Google XML Sitemaps
    7. Broken Link checker (use Dr. Link Check)
    8. Constant Contact for WordPress
    9. Contact Form 7 ( I still use this with Asset clean up )
    10. Contextual Related Posts ( I still use this with text only )
    11. Digi Auto Links
    12. Disqus Comment System
    13. Divi Builder
    14. Essential Grid
    15. Facebook Chat
    16. Fancy Gallery
    17. Fuzzy SEO Booster
    18. Google Analytics
    19. Google Language Translator
    20. Google Translate
    21. Google XML Sitemaps
    22. Jetpack
    23. Leaflet Maps Marker
    24. MyReview
    25. NextGEN Gallery
    26. NewStatPress
    27. Real Estate Website Builder
    28. Really Simple Share
    29. Reveal IDs
    30. Revolution Slider
    31. Sharebar
    32. ShareThis
    33. S2 member
    34. SEO Auto Links & Related Posts
    35. Share Buttons by AddToAny
    36. Share Buttons by E-MAILiT
    37. ShareThis
    38. Social Discussions
    39. Socialable
    40. Similar Posts
    41. Slimstat Analytics
    42. SumoMe
    43. Talk.To
    44. Tribulent Slideshow Gallery
    45. Ultimate Social Media & Share
    46. VaultPress
    47. WooCommerce Customer History
    48. Wordfence (disable live traffic reports)
    49. WordPress Facebook
    50. WordPress Related Posts
    51. WordPress Popular Posts
    52. WordPress Social Ring
    53. WP Bakey (formerly Visual Composer)
    54. WP Facebook Like Plugin
    55. WP Jump Menu
    56. WP Social Bookmarking Lite
    57. WP Social Share
    58. WP Statistics
    59. WP Power Stats
    60. WP-PostViews
    61. WPML (if you use too many extensions)
    62. WPCloaker
    63. WPML
    64. Yet Another Related Post Plugin
    65. Yuzo Related Posts
    Okay, so now that I've hammered home that popular plugins might also be the reason your site is running slowly…what do you actually do about it?

If you’re using any of the plugins on the above list, either get rid of them or find a replacement. If it's a must use the Asset Clean Up plugin to strip unnecessary code from loading on your website post/pages.

Is there any other slow plugins you've encountered?

Let me know if there is a recommendation for me to replace Contact Form 7 and Contextual Related Post plugins with a lighter plugin then do let me know.

ProfitLikeCrazy, Jun 3, 2020 IP
    Saputnik likes this.
    SEMrush