1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Avoid streamlinenet

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sifu, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What does editing a post have to do with anything?

Blogmaster, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Please tell me that streamlinenet has a better PR person than "pianoplayer" in house :D
    Confronted them? What did they say? Offer free hosting in order to say something in here? What do the other sites have to do with anything? We are talking about clients who are unsatisfied.

Blogmaster, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  3. pianoplayer

pianoplayer Guest

Best Answers:
    6,939 posts. I think this guy needs to get a life. Seems just another one of those that sits in a chair spreading poison to anyone, anywhere. So Sad. Wonder if he'd actually stand up face to face with anyone he attacks over the web? Ha! doubt it very much.

This internet thing has revealed so many of these sorts hasn't it?

Pathetic.

pianoplayer, Oct 10, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  4. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's the right word for your pointless little appearance in here.

Blogmaster, Oct 10, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  5. sifu

sifu Peon

Best Answers:
    All is ok now with me & streamline net. When i made my statement i made it in frustration not being able to upload my website. I now withdraw what i said. My site was uploaded shortly after & i have had no problems since. All is now well & I have nothing but praise for the company.

Sifu

sifu, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  6. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah but that doesn't forgive pianoplayer from sneaking in here under the guise of a customer in order to restore his companies reputation.

aeiouy, Oct 27, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    How much did they pay you or how much free hosting were you promised for retracting your first unbiased statement?
    (I'm not so worried about you but rather all of the other clients who would have to go thru what you went thru in order to receive the service that they have originally been promised).

Blogmaster, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  8. aktar@servicetender.com

aktar@servicetender.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I use streamlinenet. Actually, they are pretty good. What exactly are you having a problem with

aktar@servicetender.com, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Threatened him with a lawsuit (see first post).

digitalpoint, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    That is so sad. I guess they've found a way to shut him up.

Blogmaster, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    In case anybody wonders what the original message was, I have saved it on my blog before Google changed the cache. You guys can click on the Streamlinenet Hosting link and judge for yourselves whether this is slander or exercising free speech.

Blogmaster, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  12. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't say that I can see anything wrong with the original post.
    Just another company to add to my list of those never to do business with - along with the companies who threaten legal proceedings for using artilces that they place in articlebanks.

jlawrence, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Bad service can be forgiven if it's temporary. What they have done here and how they have dealt with the situation IMO is something that shows low morals, ethics and character to the point where I find it hard to believe that they are even still in business.

Added: LOL check this out http://bleepend.blogspot.com/2005/06/streamlinenet-saga-condensed-now-with.html

Maybe that is the only way they are able to stay in business.

14. aktar@servicetender.com

aktar@servicetender.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't see what the hooo harrr is about. I think the ppl replying to this thread are severly biased. I mean, has anybody even considered maybe the user may not know how to do thing right?

I've been running my website on streamline for about 4 months now and if I do have any problems, I just email them, and the problem is sorted pronto.

Actually someone else I recommended had the same problem with strealine. It turned out that this someone of mine didn't know how to transfer the DNS.

aktar@servicetender.com, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  15. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really sad.

I don't understand. Legally the owners of this forum didn't make the statement the guy feels are defamatory.

He should be suing the poster. But the poster feels good about it (which I too believe was bribed as Mike said)

Okay I'm not a lawyer . . I took law in high school . . but if this guy is serious about this lawsuit. . contact that guy who said he had proof and bring him in as a witness.

Or even better counter sue this guy. :)

It's sad that people are so desperate for money that they have to sue. You know what I've been called tons of stuff and I'd be a billionare if I sued.

Besides (no offense to Digital Point) but Digital Point is only viewed by a small percentage of the Internet. This alleged (ya use that word everywhere it'll get you out of messes) 'crook' has had his alleged reputation soiled by a small percentage of his market.

Skinny

Skinny, Oct 30, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  16. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    It's certainly not unusual for people not to know how to do things - I know I come across enough of them.
    The 'hooo harrr' as you put is is mainly down to the fact that this company decided to file against DigitalPoint, which shows a remarkable lack of knowledge of how the law works and an amazing amount if ignorance if they thought DP wouldn't fight it. DP is the 'transmitter' of this information and would only ever (possibly) be held liable if they had unreasonably refused to remove the post, but they would not be liable for defamation - the original poster could be but not DP.

Let me ask you. Do you like doing business with a hosting company which appears to have little knowledge of how the law relates to their own area of business ?

Good for you - that's what I'd expect from any hosting company.
    Almost every single hosting company has the odd support problem now and again, that's almost unavoidable. But having had an instance of poor support, to jump in with a defamation suit is laughable.

17. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    I also would like to add that Internet crime is rarely ever pursued.

Which law does this fall under? Which jurisdiction does it cover? etc. etc.

Anyway before this guy sued he should have contacted a lawyer. It's not surprising that this guys is allegedly not proffesional. He can't even deal with legal matters professionally.

Truly sad.

Skinny

Skinny, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  18. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think they may see dollar signs....

MattEvers, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  19. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the problem with Lawyers, they get $$'s win or lose. But I suspect that in this case someone didn't take any legal advice.

20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I'm really offended by the fact that they have dictated what is being said on this thread. That has never happened before as far as I recall. Shawn did the right thing to meet the poster's request, but what is wrong with that guy? He comes in here with a phoney "I like SLN now" and then begs to get his first post clipped.

Message boards exist so people can advise each others on services. Otherwise we just have to look at the web sites and believe every word every company wants us to.

This is truly disgusting, and personally, no matter how good their service is (Yeah right :rolleyes: ), I would never do business with a company such as

Streamlinenet