1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Avg. Position Doesn't Report Correctly

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by AJMac, May 20, 2011.

Does anyone have experience with average position reporting incorrectly within Adcenter?

My clients trademarked terms have always been low spend high revenue generators until the competition caught on and started bidding up the price. As a result the client decided it was worth slipping to the second position to cut costs. The problem is that my efforts to reduce spend by lowering their max cpc bids have not caused their average placement to change to anything but a 1. That would be fine, except that there is a clear line in terms of max CPC. that if we go lower than revenue falls way off. The revenue data is definitely behaving as if average position has fallen but Adcenter insists that we still have a solid first position.

Has anyone noticed something like this in past? I'm not sure what else would explain the huge and marked drop off in revenue that seems to occur once we lower the max CPC bid past a certain point, but according to Adcenter my client's average placement hasn't moved.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

AJMac, May 20, 2011 IP