1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Average wait to get into DMOZ from DMOZ EDITOR!

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by numeroten, Jul 12, 2011.

Hey Folks,

As I look into the forums a lot of people are wondering if you can actually ever get into DMOZ. I have just recently become an editor. I Edit this page http://www.dmoz.org/Recreation/Humor/Jokes/Top_Lists/

Just to clarify things right now the average wait time for small categories like this to be looked at is 1-3 years. When I first cracked this baby open... I found many sites that were waiting from all the way up to 2007, and by now most of these sites are gone. Luckily, now the people who submit to my category can get their link in about a day now... but many categories do not have editors or have inactive editors! So the sad truth is, unless DMOZ gets a lot of help.. your going to be waiting for a long time =(.

numeroten, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Congratz & good luck with your new found hobby. May I now suggest that you never ever visit this forum again lest you get caught up in the never ending drama ;)

Seriously though, I hope that you find other areas of interest and are allowed access to them. I also hope that you end up being one of the honest & good editors.

Qryztufre, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  3. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is not wait time as such....there is no queue, merely a suggestion pool and although sites may have been in the pool for many years, they may in fact never be reviewed and if they are reviewed, it may not be in chronological order.

Welcome to DMOZ and i hope that you enjoy your new hobby :)

snooks, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    There are several category descriptions and instances within the guidelines themselves which call it a queue (generally 'unreviewed queue') so for someone else to call it a queue, should by rights, be perfectly fine. Unless of course all those other "official" instances be changed from something other then queue....then it would officially NOT be a queue.

Thanks for making a new editor feel at home!

Qryztufre, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  5. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know if you are being genuine or sarcastic? But i figured when i said
    That i was making him feel at home :)

snooks, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  6. mattFllr

mattFllr Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow I never realised it would take so long, that would explain why alot of mine never appear.

mattFllr, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  7. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    maybe in your own mind. ;)

CReed, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  8. kiosukia

kiosukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Become a dmoz editor and you"re done

kiosukia, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Done with what? Did you even read this thread, or are you just posting random one liners in the ODP forum to up your post count?

Qryztufre, Sep 25, 2011 IP