1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Average Salary in India -- Outsourcing editor job

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ryanng, Sep 19, 2006.

1. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As far as Indians are concerned, a good programmer will cost you anywhere from $600 to $2500 a month, depending on his experience.

Good programmers don't come cheap.

Average ones with little experience (less than 3 years) may work for $400 - $600 a month.

Avoid any programmer who agrees to work for less than $400 a month. Nowadays, eEven a postman makes that much in a month.

sachin410, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  2. Xanthorpe

Xanthorpe Peon

Best Answers:
    I find it interesting that while researching information on outsourcing jobs - as it impacts the US economy - I stumble upon a thread that seems (mostly) to a) have a poor opinion of the available offshore talent pool (at least the cheap ones) and b) an innate disdain for US workers' ability to apply English as a primary language skill.

As a writer I'm somewhat offended by the assumption that you can't find decent talent here in the US - oh wait, you can, but it seems you don't wish to pay for it.

I've done some freelance writing with several outfits but dropped out as the work was pedantic and the conditions were akin to a virtual sweatshop considering the amount of money involved.

If you're not able to develop, write and post your own material, and you can't pay a reasonable wage for someone talented enough to do it for you, perhaps you need to review your business model?

No offense intended, of course.

X

Xanthorpe, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Why would we pay more than we have to?

Another great reason to avoid US workers -- the incessant whining of a nation of children.

Being outside of the US makes all sorts of wonderful business models possible. It's not even primarily the inflated wages which cause the US to be uneconomic -- it's the regulatory burden and the entitlement mentality of US workers.

Will.Spencer, Mar 15, 2012 IP
    DPParadise likes this.
  4. Xanthorpe

Xanthorpe Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm with you in one regard - it's always nice to get a bargain; but as many on this thread have noted, you get what you pay for.
    Hmmm. Not sure how to take this one. I don't believe I'm incessantly whiny or a child. However, it is interesting to hear folks whine about our economy in one breath and then advocate outsourcing in another. Personally, I don't believe an end to outsourcing is going to solve our economic woes any more than I believe we can arbitrarily adjust economic indicators across the board [i.e. cost of goods and services, minimum wage, salary scales, etc.] without causing economic ruin for an entire generation or more.
    Having worked more than ten years overseas myself I can appreciate the economic opportunity (and tax benefits) that come with off-shore economics. But overall, I see that as a somewhat selfish pursuit as it really does nothing to solve the problems here at home. Of course, if a Global Village is more your style instead of restoring a strong US economy, then this is all irrelevant. But utilizing off-shore resources simply to save yourself money doesn't help solve the US' economic issues.Just to add some foundation, I write on the side while earning a nice wage in my chosen career field - and working quite hard at it, I would have to add. But I don't complain about that because I believe that hard work should be the driver for income. As to America's expanding sense of entitlement, well, I've had my own complaints about that for years. However, I don't see it as entitlement when I want to earn a decent salary for peddling myself as a scribe. I had a choice to make: I could continue to compete against inferior talent for a fraction of the wage or I could take my writing skills elsewhere and apply them when the economics of time x effort = good return are in my favor.Offshore workers, be they on the Indian sub-continent or in some other location, can pitch themselves at a lower wage due to economies of scale and cost of living. I will close with the thought that it's not my fault that the cost of living is so high in the USA. And just as it is your right to bypass homegrown talent for a less costly option, it's also my right to charge what I believe is a fair rate for my KSA's. As they say, price is determined by the buyer's concept of value.Good luck with that :cool:

Xanthorpe, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  5. rohiteshwar

rohiteshwar Peon

Best Answers:
    It should be between 100$ to 200$ per month...........

rohiteshwar, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  6. Webfrontier Biz

Webfrontier Biz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that is the average salary on a monthly basis. You got it right!

Webfrontier Biz, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  7. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    Hiring quality professionals needs some more money than normal, but the return from them is appreciable comparing to less experienced workers. So hire quality people for getting quality return...

varindia, Mar 26, 2014 IP