1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Average Salary in India -- Outsourcing editor job

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ryanng, Sep 19, 2006.

1. topaffiliateprogram

topaffiliateprogram Peon

Best Answers:
    1GBP =85 ruppes every british person have 85 times more money than indian .. that means if average indian is earning 2000 a month a british is earning 170000 per month ?
    so dont you think lot of indians are poor . atleast millions living on roads in all metro's ... you know in small indian villages peoples are doing work like rs. 20 or 50 per day. did not you ever seen a poor kid working in tea stall ... or little girls cleaning cars or someone's house ?

i am not critisizing indians/india for being poor . what i am trying to say is assuming that we are rich does not make us rich ...We need to work very hard to fight poverty . A national movement should be there . like fight for indepence in 1947 we should start a national movement to fight . believe me millions of peoples die just because they donot want to spend there whole life savings on doctors . We need to fight poverty , literacy,diseases ... having 20 multi billionnaires does not make us rich we have 1.1 billion peoples living in india .. Think about it .

topaffiliateprogram, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  2. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Just pick up today's copy of Times Of India and read the editorial page.

You will find an article on wages in India titled "Problem of wages"

I hope that will clear up my point of view.

sachin410, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  3. alexisthemovie

alexisthemovie Peon

Best Answers:
    so 51778 rupees is around $1000 right? then you divide that by 2.55 (1027/402) = around $392 per capita.

alexisthemovie, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  4. oceandragon

oceandragon Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello, I'm from Vietnam. If you want data submit, please pm me. I can find good, cheap worker with quality works for you.
    - Simple works like: data submit, simple banner design, photo optimization: 150$->200$ month
    - Editor (Good in English, have literature certificate) : 300-400$.

oceandragon, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  5. aakashshah123

aakashshah123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i Am Really amazed with stupid replies like india is poor country and stuff.
    I have just started Freelance Working and my first months Income was $500 of which i withdrawed $375 For personal reasons.
    It all depends on whom you hire.
    Experienced Programmers charge according to International standards. However new Enterants like myself may charge reasonably low to build a strong Reputation In The Space.
    The Average salary Is anywhere between $500 and Above...

aakashshah123, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  6. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lets stfu now

India is not a poor country its just too bad distribution of incomes.Either people are too rich or too poor but recently the middle class is growing pretty well which i think is a good sign for the economy.

living costs are higher in Mumbai as compared to Toronto.Hope this helps in imagining what people earn in Mumbai.

smfseo, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  7. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

but the thing is in australia if your not making $750+/week

you are seen as not making that much money at all.

Australia is basically a clone of the USA every thing on TV in australia is from the USA, every one dress's liek peoepl from the USA so of course people act the same and talk the same,

I don't think you will find poeple willing to work for low wages in AUS

Connections, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  8. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    If you need quality work then you have to pay high. There might be a day or two when you get quality services at a very low price but everyday is not a sunday. Indians can be cheap & good when it comes to coding.

You can find good writers in India as well but again when you want "good quality services" then you have to pay more. Indian Catholics, guys working for US/UK call centers speak very good english and can defenitely serve as good writers.

Indian, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  9. DonKon

DonKon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have posted a couple projects in the past at rentacoder both for development and content writing. One of my projects was estimated at $50,000 for development by a local company, but the indian firms would go as low as $5000!. Now this sounds very nice and all but when you accept bids the introductory message is usually flawless, its when you actually start talking to them you realize how much communication sucks. Not worth it. Why not hire someone from some other country? I currently have workers based in Romania which do a very good job.

A couple days ago i posted a listing on RAC looking for content writers, I clearly stated that the the content writers should be fluent in english and be able to write in a proffesional manner. Yet i still get bids from indian workers with terrible english. I honestly don't understand this, why would you even try bidding on my project.

In conclusion i must say that from the beginning i never really had any trust in workers from india, one reason being is that whenever i would test the workers portfolio sites there would always be coding errors, content missing or the sites wouldn't even work. Another reason is the distance factor, how do you control and manage your worker?. With the romanian workers each of them have assigned work each day which is reviewed.

DonKon, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  10. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think a part of the reason unqualified people bid is because they simply don't feel unqualified. Even though their English might sound completely unnatural to a native speaker, the structure could be technically sound, or by their standards they really do think being able to function means the same as being "fluent". I know people from India, Russia, Germany... all over. Some speak nearly perfect English, and some know just enough to get by in a conversation with a native english speaker. I don't think generalizing against all Indian workers is necessarily right simply because of that fact. Some will be completely professional, and some won't be. But that's the case in the US, UK, or anywhere you go.

jhmattern, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  11. ashashy

ashashy Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it an argument on indian income/economy, or is it a way to help the member who started this thread?

India has very good qualified people compared to any other country. Due to the variation in conversion rates of currency, the per capita income is low when calculated in dollars.

Indians can earn less and live with that lesser salary due to the situations and customary practices of this country.

Majority of the works outsourced are done by Indians for very cheap rates compared to other countries. These cheap rates are higher income in India. When you people go down to again decrease the rates while outsourcing to India, your quality of work will also decrease.

There are standards for every work, and so is the standards of pay for such standards. That makes the difference.

Anyone willing to offer work work to India may do so, and hire people after clearly stating their requirements and experiences. When going for lesser rates, you will probably end up with spurious work quality only to complain on forums.

ashashy, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  12. D'Godown

D'Godown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I highly doubt you can see anybody in 150/mo range, its surprising, set atleast a budget of 1000/mo if you wish to get work done in a decent manner other do yourself.

D'Godown, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  13. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Is the job outsourced, or is there still a chance?

Kind of missed the whole point in "india a poor country, or not" discussion... ;)

Let me know if you are considering outsourcing the job still.
    And just so you know, I can also provide coding services at quite fair cost. :)
    Send a PM.
    Bye. :D

JEET, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  14. flagday

flagday Peon

Best Answers:
    Great points, the bolded bit resonates in the world's richest country.

Edit: this thread should've closed after Marketing's response 2 months ago. Right to the point. +rep.

flagday, Nov 26, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  15. kartik786

kartik786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol.. wtf r u guys discussing about...

Yes the avg income might be less than 1000 $ .. but to fulfill basic needs, people dont need much.

People in remote villages survive for 50 $ a month with a family of 4 .. the food is cheap n so is other stuff :p

Now compare that with mumbai .. 750 $ mo to fulfill basic needs.

The value of money is the same. the figure might be bigger or smaller but the standard of living cost is the same.

kartik786, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  16. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see several patriotic Indian apologists posting in this thread. sachin410 is bang on target here, most of the data entry or "data processing" (euphemism used by those in the business) tasks are laborious requiring next to no special skills other than an understanding of English & the ability to use a GUI operating system & web browser.

Indians who do possess special skills however, such as programming, are not impeded by the low salaries & oppurtunities in India, not anymore! These professionals can certainly get online & find well paying projects & jobs:)

I also agree that there exists a vast disparity in the incomes of people in India.

I'm guilty as well:D But hey, it's survival of the fittest!:cool:

To the OP, you're looking at between $150 to $300/month :)

eXe, Nov 26, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  17. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    salary of employees is increasing, average salary is that much as exe pointed out approx $ 200-350 then more it depends on qualification, experience. Though multinational companies pay more around $500 - $1000

for computer related work its high, software companies are paying huge sums to their employees. i have heard about pay in range about @3-4k as well / month , some companies offer a yearly package for like $20,000 or so with incentives, depends on which company you are a part of.

forumrating, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  18. Jobs.com.sg

Jobs.com.sg Peon

Best Answers:
    ryanng,

You can try a few other countries other than India. Notably Philippines and some countries in Eastern Europe where the amount you pay may still be viable for some there.

If it is English proficiency you need rather than technical skills, I would think you would find them in the "ordinary" job boards rather than on coder or webmaster sites.

:) :)

Jobs.com.sg, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  19. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a guy working for me right now from India. He does work for me everyday. I pay him around 750$ a year. He know english very well and is always on time and does AWESOME work. I have only had good experiences, but I guess I'm in the lucky few who have.

Judd, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  20. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @ Judd, what work does he do for ya ???

gr8liverpoolfan, Nov 27, 2006 IP