1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Average google rank from 5 to 9 first page will DMOZ help that?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by numeroten, Jul 7, 2011.

Do you think my google rank will improve if i get submitted into DMOZ? My average google rank right now is between 5 to 9.

numeroten, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  2. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No more or less than any other link of the same value. ;)

Will it rocket you to the top of the SERPs? If it does, the search term probably isn't very competitive. (Don't measure competitiveness by the number of search results, they're not all targeting the term ;))

CReed, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  3. herbert11

herbert11 Peon

Best Answers:
    DMOZ has so much of importance because it is used as a resource by search engine. Various search engine like Google use DMOZ listings to create their own directory record. The site indexed in DMOZ has better ranking than any other site that is not indexed in DMOZ, but have a lot of submission in many other directories.

herbert11, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  4. happyhosting

happyhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you will hardly see any change.

happyhosting, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google no longer uses DMOZ data, heck, AOL the owners of DMOZ don't even bother using their data. So you may wish to rethink your answer...

My site was a PR three the day before it was listed and is a PR 3 now... YEARS later. Many sites listed in the ODP even have a PR of 0. So this part of your answer should likely be thought about again as well...

There is NOTHING special about the ODP any more, other then regurgitated hype that is years and years old. Such hype simply no longer applies to a DMOZ listing. It is no better or worse then any other link.

Qryztufre, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  6. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't listen to those who say its just a link. Even though i hate dmoz practices, but all the 4 listings i had in dmoz, made my sites pop up higher in serps.

Jin, Oct 11, 2011 IP