1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Automating "Check All"

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by flyingpylon, Mar 16, 2004.

I've got a scheduled task set up to automatically check my keyword stats but I'm not sure it's working. I followed the instructions in the FAQ, but after having it run for a few weeks the "Last Checked" stats were not being updated. Should "Last Checked" reflect all queries, or does it only reflect manual ones?

When I type the URL for the automated check into my browser, I end up at the main Keyword Tracker page and see the login link. If I click the login link, I get in without having to type my login and password, so it would seem that the server is getting my credentials.

What might I be doing wrong? Or am I misunderstanding what is supposed to happen?

flyingpylon, Mar 16, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How exactly do you have it setup? Is it setup with a cron job, or some other scheduling method?

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 16, 2004 IP
  3. flyingpylon

flyingpylon Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm on a shared Windows server, and my host allows us to set up scheduled tasks via a custom interface. So I'm not sure I can tell you precisely how the scheduling mechanism works, because I don't know. But my other scheduled tasks are being executed.

Even if we take the scheduling mechanism out of the equation, what should happen when the URL is requested (i.e. what should be displayed)?

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What program are you using to run your URL? Are you at least using curl within the scheduler?

One dot per keyword is all that will be displayed in the browser.

- Shawn

5. flyingpylon

flyingpylon Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, they use Windows servers so I doubt it's curl. Everything is based on .Net so they may be using ServerXMLHTTP or something similar.

I do have an interface that allows me to test the URL. When I click "test" it makes the request and returns the output of the page requested. What I get is what is displayed on the main Keyword Tracker page. In addition, when I use that URL in my browser, I get the main Keyword Tracker page. Is it doing a redirect or something?

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, it sounds like your browser is not actively authenticating as it should. As far as how to use ServerXMLHTTP, I really have no clue. I've never tried it. But I know it works perfectly fine with curl (on Windows or any other platform). You probably will have to check the docs for whatever HTTP transport you are using to see how it needs to be setup for HTTP realm authentication, cookies and such.

- Shawn