1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Automating Backups With Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition??

Discussion in 'Databases' started by natekapi, Oct 2, 2006.

Hi everyone,

Recently a company I work for purchased some Microsoft based software that required a Microsoft SQL database. The company providing us with the software, also provided us with the Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition database software and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express for managing the databases.

I'm not really farmiliar with Microsoft SQL Server or the Management Studio software, so I haven't been able to figure out how the hell you can automate daily database backups! I've been doing it manually for the past few months on a daily basis so everything will get backed up to our external tape drive. Well its really starting to become an issue because if I am out then the databases don't get backed up.

If anyone has any experience with Microsoft SQL Server Express or the Management Studio Express software can you PLEASE let me know how we can automate our daily backups??? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

natekapi, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  2. natekapi

natekapi Peon

Best Answers:
    After a lot of Googling I finally found this:

http://whiteknighttechnology.com/cs/blogs/brian_knight/archive/2006/08/13/215.aspx

At first when I downloaded the files I wasn't using them properly so I watched the video he made at:

http://www.jumpstarttv.com/Media.aspx?vid=30

After watching the video I finally have a fully automated backup solution for Microsoft SQL Server Express! Maybe with the next release Microsoft will put back in their wizard tools which are supposed to make this so much easier.

natekapi, Oct 2, 2006 IP