1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Automatic Multiple Directory Sumbit site??

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mizt, Jun 20, 2005.

I remember there being a site that sumbit the site to like 50 directories or something. Anyone remember that site? I want to try it out on one of my new sites.

mizt, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  2. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i dont know about automatic but there a lot of people here willing to submit to like 50 or 100 directories for about $30-50. ;-)

Juls, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  3. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I've come across many lists on the forum, but haven't seen any auto-submission sites.

bluemouse2 has been doing some excellent work for me on submitting to directories. I would definitely recommend his submission services.

GTech, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  4. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    How much is he doing it for say 100 directories.

mizt, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  5. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    I will have a submission tracker site soon with a large list of directories to submit too. Offers about automated submission are mostly scams.

There a few people on the forum that offer manual submission thou.

kalius, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  6. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't you need help with that software (As in Beta). If so I'd love to help. I clearly remember about 3 months ago a site where you'd pick directories and it would sumbit it to them, though many of the directories you still had to choose categories etc... But it was much quicker then going to each directory.

mizt, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  7. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    It's nearly finished, Just need to do a little guide, tutorial today and finish the interface for editors. I will probably be open before friday. Some DP members tested and found the bugs, sugested features (THANKS!).

kalius, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  8. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mizt. try the directory submission tool in my sig link. It fills submission form in one-click, and track submission in one click. User'll need to fint right category before submission. It's a real time-saver, but not a autosubmitter.

dejaone, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  9. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    This will submit you to 80 pay directories. Any that you are in, reject you, or don't responce are taken off the price. Also the labour for the sub to that dirctory is taken off also. When the account link deem finished it gives you a labour and sub price refund.
    www.seocompany.ca/directory/web-directory-submission-service.html

It is done by hand at this point but it is slowing going automated where the directories get an email with a link that logs them into the back of the backend db and then accept or decline and add it up and it automatically pays them via PayPal.

Kalius: Nice blog - have a link.
    www.skaffe.com/viewCat/83610

bobmutch, Jun 21, 2005 IP
  10. Hbird64

Hbird64 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most directories will decline descriptions which are also found in other directories. Descriptions in directories are copyrighted and can't be used in other directories.

Hbird64, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  11. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do you get this?Evidence?

kalius, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  12. Hbird64

Hbird64 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just read the guidelines of the directories:

for example in www.skaffe.com/info/help_desk.html or www.joeant.com/title.htm. You can also search on the Web what PLAGIARISM is.

Hbird64, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  13. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    what directories do you submit to?

bobby9101, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  14. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    Hbird64: What was the context you were directing your statement to?

bobmutch, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  15. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    In many directories, the description is supplied by the site submitter, and therefore should be their copyright, not the directories. If the description is written by the directory, fair enough. But my directory uses the submitted sites meta description to create the description in the directory. If I claimed I had copyright to that, I think I would be breaching copyright myself, by taking someone else's work and claiming it as my own.

egdcltd, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  16. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    egdcltd: "If I claimed I had copyright to that, I think I would be breaching copyright myself, by taking someone else's work and claiming it as my own."
    Very interesting point. Where is Edwin, I want to share that one with him.

17. Hbird64

Hbird64 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My statement was about the automatic submissions where you submit a site with the same description to a bunch of directories.

If you submit a site with your own description that okay, but if you submit a site to skaffe or another directory with a description copied from DMOZ it is illegal. The reviewer in skaffe can't check if the description from DMOZ is original from the same submitter. If you submit a description to a directory, I guess, then it's owned by that directory.

The same goes for postings in a forum. Can I copy a post from this forum and use it on another forum? I don't think so. You can find out more easily who was the original poster, because of the time stamp with each post.

Hugo

Hbird64, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  18. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree that if you submit a description to a directory, then that description is owned by the directory, no more than submitting an article to an article site makes them the owner of the article. The directory should only own the description if the description is written by the directory.

egdcltd, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  19. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    Hbird64: I do lots of submissions to lots of sites for lots of customers. I leave the description the same for the most part but some times change the title. For some sites I used the same description for over 200 web directories. I have never had a problem with using the same description.