1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Automated Revalidation

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by digitalpoint, Nov 29, 2004.

Just a FYI, I'm testing a semi-automated revalidation process now, and if it works out, it will become totally automated.

It's checking xxx number of sites each day (can't do them all in a single day due to the Google API daily query limitations). It checks the ones that have not been checked in the longest amount of time each day.

Essentially it's ready to be totally automated, except I'm starting the script once a day so I can watch it in case anything goes wrong.

digitalpoint, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds good, does this mean that for the time being you're putting the idea of the users supplying a G api key for revalidation on the shelf? Also, a quick question, on average how often would a given site be revalidated? I'm guessing the network has 1500+ sites and if you check 200 a day, that'd be about a week.

exam, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, people can enter their own key already. There is not a specific time frame between automatic revalidations.

4. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    Will this help address site's the aren't validating and knock them out of the network? With us being able to validate ourselves, we can just keep trying to validate until we get a weight, or our highest weight, right?

thebassman, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In theory, yes... although the next thing on the "to-do" list is something to prevent that. ;)

6. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    That's what I like to hear. smart guy, you are. :D

thebassman, Nov 29, 2004 IP