1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Automated rankings checking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by magoo, May 14, 2009.

I've just set my rankings monitoring tool of choice off to work checking rankings for 400 seperate keywords across 3 different search engines. My results will take 5 hours to arrive and it occurred to me that this is a pretty blatant breach of Googles guideline about not using automated ranking checker tools.

I've got my settings configured to make big pauses in between searches but even so it wouldnt take much for Google to spot whats going on. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any problems using ranking check tools before? are they safe up to a point? Is there any chance that this could negatively affact your rankings? or is it a case that Google can't be sure who's running the checks and therefore won't penalise anyone for running them. I'm curious to hear other people opinions and experience with these tools.

magoo, May 14, 2009 IP