1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Automated Directory Submission

Discussion in 'Directories' started by aaron_nimocks, Jun 27, 2006.

1. colonel99

colonel99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've signed up and tried it on a couple of my sites, and each one has seen around 10 approvals in just a couple of days.

Out of 265 submissions, it seems like around 190-200 or so submit successfully, and many of those appear to have some decent PR.

I plan on sending around 50 sites through the software which I can do easily in a month or two, and if I get 100 new backlinks per site, that's a total of 5,000 links for under $40!

One thing I like about this software is that you can enter up to 3 titles, descriptions and keyword lists.

It may not please all the people all the time, but I challenge anyone to find a better deal for $19.95/month.

- Two thumbs up -

colonel99, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  2. bornagaintrader

bornagaintrader Peon

Best Answers:
    Just signed up -- seems like a great deal.

bornagaintrader, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  3. bornagaintrader

bornagaintrader Peon

Best Answers:
    Just used the service -- it's fantastic, to be honest I was a bit dubious at first. But given the positive ratings from members of the forum I gave it a go (to be honest you could waste far more than $20 a month and get nothing in return).

Thanks for developing a great product.

bornagaintrader, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  4. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have to quickly ask this question. I know the list of directories has been removed, but is there a list available of those where a submission has been made, and also the category within the directory?

Old Welsh Guy, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  5. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    That is a modification still being worked on. Basically a way to keep track of where it was submitted and what category.

Right now the only directory list is in the members area though.

aaron_nimocks, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  6. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "I think you should be careful not to allow spammers to take over your tool though. Its seems easy for some fools to spam these directories with garbage sites and eventually the directory owners will shut you out." - I don't think there is a way to stop this :-( I had 5 of my directories on the list but was getting an overwhelming amount of spam and MFA sites so I changed them to paid (and visual confirmation) to stop it. This is the perfect tool for spammers, hopefully Google will be successful in stopping these sites from making money.

jg123, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  7. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great stuff.

Old Welsh Guy, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  8. softstor

softstor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I joined the service today and ran several tests. It seems the automatic service does not work correctly. Very few directories will accept your site.

Most of the directories return an error that your site already exists in the directory. This error is false since all of my sites I submitted were new. But if you visit these sites and manually submit to them, they seem to accept your site.

I then went on the support forum and there are other users that are having the same problem - majority of the directories refusing the submissions.

Since the service will submit to about half of the directories without getting errors, the service may be of value to people that create many new websites every month. But if you only have a few websites you may wish to submit the sites manually yourself.

softstor, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  9. aaron_nimocks

Best Answers:
    Just to clarify the word majority. On average its been around 50 directories that people have been getting errors. Still over 200 that are working properly. This issue is and has been the main priority but with over 200 directories working properly it is still very effective.

People that are recieving more than usual errors have been submitting sites with common titles, long/short descriptions, subdomains/deeplinking, ect.

aaron_nimocks, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  10. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I rented it for $10 for 24 hours, and it was well worth it. I submitted no less that 10 sites. The only problem I ran into was that some of the directorys rejected me based on my email address when I tried to submit more than 1 site to them. So I went and used some of my other email addresses, and then they took.

ronmojohny, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  11. temp_12000

temp_12000 Peon

Best Answers:

just curious, did you use any other methods to get links or only use this service?

I ask this because on the figure you showed, it had about as high as 400 backlinks within a week you used it while the service only has about 260 sites. almost all sites approved it, and some sites may give you 2 or 3 back links?

temp

temp_12000, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  12. LazySEO

LazySEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Quick update: (I posted this on our support forum also.)

The Add Site Profile form has been fixed so that it will now validate the description, title, and keyword fields to acceptable lengths. About 50 of the rejection errors were caused by one particular script's limitations.

The new lengths are:

Title: 5-100 characters
    Description: 50-200 characters
    Keywords: 20-200 characters

I'm not quite finished re-coding the edit site form, but I wanted to get this change in there ASAP for people who needed to submit right now. It will be completed later today, so for now you'll have to delete the existing profile and add a new one if you want your field lengths checked.

I've also gone through the list and weeded out some of the directories that had added image verification or switch to paid/reciprocal. 5 new directories were added to help offset losing these sites, and more will be added in the next couple of days.

- K

LazySEO, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  13. LazySEO

LazySEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Until the new tracking system is finished, you can always print out the results report you get at the end of each submission run. It doesn't show the categories, but it will at least give you a list of which directories you submitted to.

LazySEO, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  14. spondishy

spondishy Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry Aaron, but I'd have to agree with Softstor. I signed up for the service early on and it worked a treat. I submitted a new site yesterday and the majority of submissions failed. As far as I could see, all the rules around text length were followed correctly. I'm also getting timeouts pretty frequently now.

spondishy, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  15. aaron_nimocks

Best Answers:
    These errors are currently being worked on. We know that not all the failed submissions were dealing with how you were submitting your site but there was a quite a few failures due to those.

Getting rid of the other failures are our main priority right now and should be fixed very soon.

aaron_nimocks, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  16. softstor

softstor Active Member

Best Answers:
    unknown888, I think you should have posted your message in a new thread. Posting your message in an existing sales thread is in poor taste.

softstor, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  17. ericeric

ericeric Guest

Best Answers:
    hi guys,

have u fixed those bugs described above?

if yes i can sign in!

how many dirs on your list right now?

thanks

ericeric, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  18. aaron_nimocks

Best Answers:
    Most the errors above werent actually bugs.

What we found is people were submitting subdomains which will give you an error.

Also the other errors were really nothing at all. Those were errors that were showing up for directories that we removed already. So the site wasnt getting submitted to them because it was removed but it was still showing an error.

aaron_nimocks, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  19. fiveniner

fiveniner Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi I am interested in this product, but i have something I would like to ask before I purchase.

At the registration page, I saw this disclaimer "For Personal Use Only! You are not authorized to sell directory submissions to anyone. Members caught submitting sites that do not belong to them will be suspended without refund. All submissions are logged and your personal information will be matched with the site that was submitted."

I have some sites that I didnt change the whois data from the previous owner, would this get me banned?

Thanks

fiveniner, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  20. aaron_nimocks

Best Answers:
    No it wouldnt.

What we are looking to avoid is people flat out selling a directory submission service then going to our site and submitting the site. What you would like to do is fine and you wouldnt have a problem.

aaron_nimocks, Aug 12, 2006 IP