1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Autoblog with RSS feed, legal?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by theinsider, Feb 16, 2018.

Hello. I have been looking at a finance blog that is for sale but the listing say’s the site is set up to run on autopilot using various RSS feeds. Is this legal?

I already know the site would not rank high in the search engines due to the content coming in via rss but is that the only issue?

If I go through with buying the blog I would like to add my own articles from time to time. Just looking for clarity on this situation with the blog “as is”

Thank you in advance for your response.

theinsider, Feb 16, 2018 IP
  2. alwaysforGod

alwaysforGod Active Member

Best Answers:
    which specific part are you questioning the legality of?

alwaysforGod, Mar 12, 2018 IP
  3. theinsider

theinsider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was questioning the legality of any of filling the site with content pulled from RSS feeds.

Obviously anything I added on my own would be unique content and not an issue.

theinsider, Apr 12, 2018 IP
  4. alwaysforGod

alwaysforGod Active Member

Best Answers:
    certainly it must have to do with the privacy requests of whichever site you are pulling the feed from, and of course your intentions (to profit or not, directly copy from posts, etc)

alwaysforGod, Apr 12, 2018 IP